Diamondbrite

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mapleleaf

MB Enthusiast
Car
2022 GLC 300 estate- replaced 2018 Gle 43 AMG Night - replaced previous 2015 E63 AMG
Just given my car a top to bottom clean inside & out & thought I'd do the diamond brite .

Stage 1 went on ok

Stage 2 went on ok but just as was waiting the 15 mins to let it all dry before buffing up, guess what ... it started to rain - just the very fine stuff and not heavy at all very very light. :( :( :( . Its been glorious all bloomin morning. Just my luck.

so there I am polishing like a lunatic before the car got too wet. I think I got away with it , I may have to do the bonnet again though.

Is it possible to start over ?? ie will stage 1 take off the existing stage 2 stuff ?

under cover

if you need use of under cover premises pm me that's where I did mine and its only in m/cr :bannana:

stage 1 is basically a solvent cleaner that removes any polishes from the paint,if you re apply stage 1 then reaply stage 2 thats ok..

mart T - thanks I'l give you a shout if the sun doesnt come back out this weekend.

Cheers baz - thats good to know.

The car actually looks ok though, the rain from Friday was all nicely beaded over the car. So does that mean I've applied the stuff properley?

Took it for a run yesterday and the rain on the car just blew off leaving the bodywork bone dry. When I got home after a good 100mile plus run on Mway & country roads there was a dirty film over the car but I presume this will just rinse off now without too much hard work?

the way we go on about it you would think we sold the stuff!!!!!!.if you need anymore for the ml give me a shout

thinking of re-applying diamondbrite

Hi All,

New to the forum, thought I'd come to the experts for a little advice.
I had my car diamondbrited about 3 or so years ago from a dealer.
When I went back to have an annual inspection (free of charge), on collecting the car I noticed scratches on the pristine metallic black paintwork that weren't there when I dropped it off in the morning - I know becasue it was literally showroom condition, and anyone with black paintwork will know how easily scratches show up.

Anyway, they admitted to it (finally) and got the scratches out and reapplied the treatment to the polished aseas. I won't be going back for further inspections!

I think the car needs a new application (maybe you guys can advise me if its the STAGE 1 or 2?), beacause when washed and conserver applied, the water doesn't 'bead' like it used to.

So, what do I do?

Thanks,
im333

im333,,

This was quite an old thread you resurrected, but at least it shows you did some research!

I think from Steve and Mercmans posts above you need to apply stage 1, which will remove any polish, then apply stage 2 to re apply polish.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Mark.

ok - thanks.

any ideas where i can get hold of the stuff anyone?
can anyone recommend an ebay supplier - there seem to be a few there.

maybe try a PM to mercmanuk ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom