Diasbling car seat chime

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyjay123

Does anyone know how to do this?

In my Range Rover it was a matter of putting the drivers seat belt in/out 10 times

Help!

Andy

My seats don't chime , but I have a mantle clock which does :)

In my Range Rover it was a matter of putting the drivers seat belt in/out 10 times

Help!

Andy

Use your seat belt and it won't chime?!

andyjay123 said:
Does anyone know how to do this? In my Range Rover it was a matter of putting the drivers seat belt in/out 10 times Help! Andy

Certainly

Before you sit down in the car, simply plug the seatbelt in as you would if you was sitting in the seat. Then, sit down

Then inevitably, put yourself at serious risk of injury should the car be in an accident!

They sometimes give up after a while.

Why would i need to wear a seat belt on private land?

Why did you not mention this in your first post?

As said, plug in seat belt, sit on it seems the easiest solution?

Why would i need to wear a seat belt on private land?

Because it can still save your life if , for example , your brakes fail and you crash into a tree , or something else hits you at speed .

In such an event , your insurer will view your failure to wear as contributory negligence and reduce or refuse to pay out on any claim .

Tampering with , or defeating , any safety device could be viewed as an unauthorised modification , for which your insurer could void cover altogether , and it could breach your duty of care towards passengers , if it resulted in them not wearing belts and being injured , whereupon they could sue you .

No doubt your ire at the chime outweighs all of that :doh:

I would imagine STAR could do it.

If not, find a scrap car, cut the end off the seatbelt and plug it in

so basically none of you know !

Seems that way. You would probably get a better response on the Darwin Awards site

You could try drilling in to the dash. Eventually, you are bound to find the right spot.

If you genuinely want to drive a car without the seat belt protecting you, then go with bob6600's suggestion of plugging in a belt-less buckle to convince the system that you are belted up.

Star diagnostic and disable Ncap job done.

Help!

Andy

Isn't there a cable connection beneath the seat? There was on a BMW I once owned. The seat must have a sensor to detect an occupant. My last car (not the BMW) sometimes chimed when our 9kg dog sat on the passenger seat (in her harness) and I had to stop and put the belt in.

Isn't there a cable connection beneath the seat? There was on a BMW I once owned. The seat must have a sensor to detect an occupant. My last car (not the BMW) sometimes chimed when our 9kg dog sat on the passenger seat (in her harness) and I had to stop and put the belt in.

The driver's seat doesn't need a sensor in the seat because it would almost be impossible for someone to drive the car from any other position. To my knowledge, only Pierce Brosnan has managed this feat, in the guise of James Bond in the film 'Tomorrow Never Dies'.

Of course, the next Bond film will feature an Aston Martin DB11, utilising GoogleMaps so the car can self drive.

Now that would be a worthy question...

Disabling Self Drive System. How do I stop my car from going where it wants to go, and allow me to take my car where I want to go.

Isn't it easier and quicker just to put the seatbelt on?:dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom