Did animals have quake warning?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...and a Boreno chieftain ignored false Tsunami warnings because the animals didn't react. BBC Link

Makes interesting reading. Shows were not as superior as we think we are.

On this topic I hope that many people will condider taking a holiday in one of the affected areas when its safe to do so of course.

I'm so proud of my family as they want to have another holiday in Sri Lanka and spend the holiday dosh where its needed. and if the beer is warm or the hotels not perfect they are not going to whine or moan.

Each to their own of course and safety of our families is paramount. I know many will be giving at the office, but I hope people will also consider their future holiday destinations.

My Sincere sympathy to any forum readers who have been affected by recent events.

Steve

Last edited:
The animal issue has been the topic of most conversations I have overheard on the topic. Amazing stuff.

A lot of animals have highly developed abilities to detect magnetic fields. Birds use this to navigate. (They can still navigate without it as has been shown with pigeons which were fitted with head shields to stop them reading the magnetic fields. They then just use landmarks or stars. They are indeed much cleverer than they're given credit for). There is usually a great deal of disturbance in magnetic fields during an earthquake, so this could have alerted them hours before the tsunami hit.

A helicopter flew over one of the islands quite recently and was attacked by tribesmen with bows and arrows. Most westerners thought that the island would have been wiped out, but apparently it is thought that the tribesmen watched the animals ractions and followed, so avoiding the disaster. I am sure we do not give enough credit to animal instincts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom