did anyone see....or is this old news!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
0_BER_CET_260419fire_01.jpg

This is the moment a brand new Mercedes caught fire on the A444 in Coventry.
0_BER_CET_260419fire_02.jpg

The silver saloon burst in to flames at the Rowleys Green roundabout next to the Ricoh Arena shortly before 3pm this afternoon (Friday, April 26).

And most unfortunately for whoever had been behind the wheel, the fire started while the car was seemingly being taken for a test drive.

OPU Warwickshire posted photos of the aftermath on its Facebook page with the caption: "A444 at the Ricoh, when the new car test drive goes slightly wrong with only 11miles on the clock."
Is this a 'Vauxhall' moment??

0_BER_CET_260419fire_01.jpg

This is the moment a brand new Mercedes caught fire on the A444 in Coventry.
0_BER_CET_260419fire_02.jpg

The silver saloon burst in to flames at the Rowleys Green roundabout next to the Ricoh Arena shortly before 3pm this afternoon (Friday, April 26).

And most unfortunately for whoever had been behind the wheel, the fire started while the car was seemingly being taken for a test drive.

OPU Warwickshire posted photos of the aftermath on its Facebook page with the caption: "A444 at the Ricoh, when the new car test drive goes slightly wrong with only 11miles on the clock."
Is this a 'Vauxhall' moment??

Hopefully no one was injured! I would say the Driver was actually very fortunate! If they had paid for the car before this happened, think of the ensuing "Blame Game" hassle involved! :rolleyes:o_O

Just so long as they fix whatever caused it for the future.

I am guessing the customer didn't order one then...?

Possibly a car with the new 48 volt system?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That'll polish out and then it'll appear on approved used in a few weeks

That'll polish out and then it'll appear on approved used in a few weeks

already burnt in sir - sorry meant run in

Since I have a history with a Swedish car maker, I know that whenever something like that happened, it was "Red Alert"
and every possible resource was alerted. The vehicle was towed into a garage and very carefully examined in order to find the root cause.
In some cases, it was a loose oil filler cap, in a very few other cases, something with the design. Since a design flaw would affect
thousands of vehicles on the market and also put peoples life in jepardy, I guess that the design team in Stuttgart is on red alert...

Reported

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom