Did early R129s have 'comfort' windows?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeighW

Car
'06 Jaguar XJ, '00 Obsidian black CLK320 Avantgarde, '05 Mitsi Colt, '96 GMC Safari
I went to take my girlfriend's late grandfather's 300SL for a run today, as it hadn't been started since his sudden death at the start of October. (See my earlier thread for the car's details).

The battery had gone completely flat, which wasn't a big surprise. I charged the battery up, and got the car running, but the windows don't drop slightly when opening the doors, so the glass catches the roof, and you have to slam the doors to close them.

Did early R129s have this feature? If so, how do I reset this, does anyone know?

Incidentally, it was a lovely old thing to drive. :cool:

My J reg hasn't my R reg has.

hth

I went to take my girlfriend's late grandfather's 300SL for a run today, as it hadn't been started since his sudden death at the start of October. (See my earlier thread for the car's details).

The battery had gone completely flat, which wasn't a big surprise. I charged the battery up, and got the car running, but the windows don't drop slightly when opening the doors, so the glass catches the roof, and you have to slam the doors to close them.

Did early R129s have this feature? If so, how do I reset this, does anyone know?

Incidentally, it was a lovely old thing to drive. :cool:
I think you can reset the windows by dropping the windows and holding the switches down for 10 seconds or so.

My J reg hasn't my R reg has.

hth

This is a June 91, which would make it an 'H', so I guess it doesn't have it then? Seems odd, the top corner of the glass catches on the hood as you close the door. Surely this would wear the hood over time, but it's not damaged at all? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom