Did early R129s have 'comfort' windows?

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by LeighW, Nov 29, 2008.

1. LeighW

LeighW Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    '06 Jaguar XJ, '00 Obsidian black CLK320 Avantgarde, '05 Mitsi Colt, '96 GMC Safari
    I went to take my girlfriend's late grandfather's 300SL for a run today, as it hadn't been started since his sudden death at the start of October. (See my earlier thread for the car's details).

The battery had gone completely flat, which wasn't a big surprise. I charged the battery up, and got the car running, but the windows don't drop slightly when opening the doors, so the glass catches the roof, and you have to slam the doors to close them.

Did early R129s have this feature? If so, how do I reset this, does anyone know?

Incidentally, it was a lovely old thing to drive. :cool:

2. IanA2

IanA2 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    SL60 AMG, GES300, Lexus GS 430
    My J reg hasn't my R reg has.

hth

3. pauljbpaul

pauljbpaul Member

Car:
    R129 500SL
    I think you can reset the windows by dropping the windows and holding the switches down for 10 seconds or so.

4. OP
    OP
    LeighW

LeighW Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    '06 Jaguar XJ, '00 Obsidian black CLK320 Avantgarde, '05 Mitsi Colt, '96 GMC Safari
    This is a June 91, which would make it an 'H', so I guess it doesn't have it then? Seems odd, the top corner of the glass catches on the hood as you close the door. Surely this would wear the hood over time, but it's not damaged at all? :confused: