Did I get a good deal? :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rossw

So I probably should have asked this BEFORE today but I’ve just done something I’ve wanted to for years and bought a weekend toy :)

It’s not perfect but I just picked up this mot’d and running fine 2006 A209 280 Avantgarde for £1900... on the face of it, did I get a good deal?

Attachments

• AC2CA99B-B9A3-49EE-B141-578CC891BBE8.jpeg
    AC2CA99B-B9A3-49EE-B141-578CC891BBE8.jpeg
    437.6 KB · Views: 86
Looks good to me, enjoy! :)

Amazing the amount of car you get for the money, anything wrong with it?

Amazing the amount of car you get for the money, anything wrong with it?

Nothing I can work out.... it needed a rocker cover sealing which I think is common to the engines but the bloke even had that done before I collected :)

Just drove it home without a fault :)

Now to find a paint pen in the right colour for a couple of little scuffs and a Bluetooth adapter so I can link my phone :)

It’s even for the nav DVD :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing I can work out.... it needed a rocker cover sealing which I think is common to the engines but the bloke even had that done before I collected :)

Just drove it home without a fault :)

Now to find a paint pen in the right colour for a couple of little scuffs and a Bluetooth adapter so I can link my phone :)

It’s even for the nav DVD :)

Hope there are some sunny days soon so you can get the roof down. :)

That's not many more ££££ than my daughter's first car - Punto.

I do think I got it cheap but I think some “beginner” cars are just unreasonable... it’s like buying a 125 bike, they are often more than the bigger brothers

CLK a solid motor, loved my 2003 320 until some gun wielding gangster burgled my home and stole it :-(.

The Met got him and the car so all good in the end!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The boy done good.

£1900 is a year's depreciation for a normal second hand car.

Looks good to me,what colour is it looks like Tanzanite

The VIN decode says “obsidian black” but I’ve not got the code from the car yet... I need to as there’s a couple of catchups to do :)

Smack bang in the time zone for balance shaft issues with the M272 Motor?
Mercedes-Benz M272 engine - Wikipedia

I read this and thanks for the info but... looking to buy a car for this price I think there will always be “something”... I looked at a Porsche for example and that was going to explode because of IMS bearings :)

I’m sure it’s nothing that an independent can’t fix if it happens... worst case I’ll part the car out, scrap the rest and make some money back :)

I read this and thanks for the info but... looking to buy a car for this price I think there will always be “something”... I looked at a Porsche for example and that was going to explode because of IMS bearings :)

I’m sure it’s nothing that an independent can’t fix if it happens... worst case I’ll part the car out, scrap the rest and make some money back :)

Just enjoy the car for what it is and if something does go it won’t have cost you a fortune-good luck.

Had one, lovely. Plenty of genuine DVD sat nav update discs on the Bay or even here (make sure they are genuine!)
Nice sound with the roof down as well....

Get it to a good MB independent and pay them to carry out a check. They will know the problem areas and you can then formulate a list of things that might need attention in the next months /years and budget for those.

Enjoy it, for the price you seem to have a very good deal.

Just got one too, and I’ve bought a Renovo soft top kit £34 on the ‘bay - cleaner, recolour, and ultraproofer, just as a preventative measure.... just need a dry weekend to do it....:cool:

Halfords currently have Autoglym soft top cleaner& proofer kits for £20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom