Did I make a big mistake ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moonloops

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W204 C350 CDI AMG Sport
About 4 years ago a mate was "part-exing" his W124 300E-24v saloon and he asked me if I wanted to buy it instead. Given that it was a mint 75,000 mile example with all the usual options but with a cloth interior I said yes and got it for £1500 !

I really enjoyed it but foolishly traded it in against an new Honda. I was rubbing my hands at the time 'cos I got £2200 for it. First time I made money on a car!

So I have been looking to buy another one recently to do up and have a play with, can I find a cheap low mileage one (or just a cheap one) - nope :wallbash:

I wonder how much it would be worth today :crazy:

Here it is/was..

3379.jpg

P3130005.jpg

Dangerous thread this:

Let's go with the- If only i'd undersealed the alfasud, washed the sprint, gone a bit easier on the 205GTI that I only paid £2,500 for it would easy be worth twice that now....

Ahhhh, hindsight eh? :doh:

p.s. That is a great looking car.

No not a big mistake. You did what you did at the time and it was good. What would it be worth now? Well Charlie Ironprice would have it up at around 5k I guess but also have a look at this item on flea bay, 130372102545. Its on for just over 2K. There was a rough old dog of a 300 24v up in Scotland also on flea bay. That failed to make its reserve of £500. That was posted on this forum and got a right good pasting. At least you did not have to spend an arm and a leg on your ex 300 24V when the wiring loom went!!

If you are hunting another - Good Luck.

If I added up the amount of money spent on buying cars versus what I got back from them, I would be go mad. You made a profit, go to the top of the class!

I once had a Mini Cooper "S" 1275cc .... traded it in against a .........Renault 16:eek::eek::eek:

Mini had a straight through exhaust and many extras....often wonder what that would be worth now......

Nope - the aerial was sticking, no doubt the tip of the iceberg of problems so you did the right thing ;)

In all seriousness, you made a £700 profit on an old car. If you'd have kept it although it'd still be worth a similar amount of money today, it would no doubt have also needed some work in maintenance/repairs in that time. The front wings would be rusty at least, maybe a few mechanical jobs etc.

You did what was right at the time, maybe don't limit yourself to buying the same sort of car again as you'll always be benchmarking it against your old one :eek:

Will

Nope - the aerial was sticking, no doubt the tip of the iceberg of problems so you did the right thing ;)

In all seriousness, you made a £700 profit on an old car. If you'd have kept it although it'd still be worth a similar amount of money today, it would no doubt have also needed some work in maintenance/repairs in that time. The front wings would be rusty at least, maybe a few mechanical jobs etc.

You did what was right at the time, maybe don't limit yourself to buying the same sort of car again as you'll always be benchmarking it against your old one :eek:

Will

got a new aerial for about £20 :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom