did R107 models ever come with leather steering wheels and gearknobs as standard?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
hi

as you know i'm restoring my R107.

i dont want to fit anything that wasnt an original mercedes option when new.....

can anyone confirm whether a R107 upto 1989 ever came with:

(1) leather steering wheel
(2) leather gear knob
(3) wood gear knob
(4) wood & leather steering wheel

thanks in advance!!

Derek

Leather steering wheel was standard throughout the range after the face lift in 1985.

Dont think opions on leather or wood gear knobs were offered.

The black plastic gear knob was one thing I hated in my SL , so I changed it for a period wooden one.

Leather steering wheel was standard throughout the range after the face lift in 1985.

Dont think opions on leather or wood gear knobs were offered.

The black plastic gear knob was one thing I hated in my SL , so I changed it for a period wooden one.

i might be getting a nice leather wheel and i do already have a wooden gearknob...

i'm kind of torn between a new un-worn non-leather wheel with that rippily vinyl feel to it (basically a new version of the worn one i have currently) or a new leather one. Both proper 107 wheels.

any opinions?

I got a wooden gearknob from Schaetz... it looks the business.

I got a wooden gearknob from Schaetz... it looks the business.

i got one from ebay. it was supposed to be bur walnut however it doesnt match the wood in my W124.... however it looks like it will match the R107 wood quite well as its a little lighter shade, so i'll probably fit that if it fits - i think it will.

i think i will also go for the leather wheel.....

upgrading interior

I got the burl knob, the chrome selector, dyed the discolored portions, installed a 160mph speedo today and am looking at a beautiful steering wheel. Here in the states AMG offered the wood shifter knob.

Attachments

• IMG00210-20131117-1331.jpg
    IMG00210-20131117-1331.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 6
  • P1080059_zps0da0a380.jpg
    P1080059_zps0da0a380.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom