Did some cleaning this week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex225

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS63 AMG
Gave the S Class it's usual wash, although it hadn't been washed since the end of August as only driven it a handful of times but was in dire need of a clean. Usual wash and a top of of the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax. I go on about it but I bloody love that stuff! haha

bEdhp7c.jpg

GZ8O4xV.jpg

Q2ifGU7.jpg

YNJJ20R.jpg

Vacuum and wipe down the interior. Does anyone else vacuum in the back despite it not being used? Just me then!

B1R2tQf.jpg

GDpZP7W.jpg

5ZIl6ue.jpg

Du5x6ZB.jpg

1wavNJo.jpg

Sealed the glass too, great stuff this and highly recommended.

eN7Bb1Y.jpg

As per my other thread, I popped down to the car storage place I use to give my Twingo 133 a wipe down and fit the cover. The car has been there since August but they freed up a perfect space for it next to a very old and similarly sized Austin.

I'm not one for waterless car wash products but I wanted something I could use to wipe the car down and have used this stuff before. Plus easy to grab a bottle in Halfords.

KfFmzNx.jpg

Smells great and is very slick. I wouldn't use it on a properly dirty car but on one with a bit of dust from being indoors it's not an issue.

All clean and tidy, even the little 1.6 16v engine! haha

dqZUxgx.jpg

Like a glove

4AYnO9G.jpg

Indoor cover fitted from Coveryourcar.co.uk

oDA5W46.jpg

It's fun seeing such polar opposite cars together. One the best luxury cruisers you can buy next to one of the most fun, light and (relatively) basic hot hatches of the same period.

4BtBrA4.jpg

Nice work buddy, have used Megs and agree it's pretty good stuff, although I dont use the spray and rinse method as I found it gives an uneven coverage so use a damp applicator to spread it out and then buff it dry, almost like a drying aid and seems to last far longer that way
Angel wax H20 is great stuff too, again one of my favourites

Nice work buddy, have used Megs and agree it's pretty good stuff, although I dont use the spray and rinse method as I found it gives an uneven coverage so use a damp applicator to spread it out and then buff it dry, almost like a drying aid and seems to last far longer that way
Angel wax H20 is great stuff too, again one of my favourites

Yeah I use it the same way, basically the way they advise on the first application. Gives you a good even coverage and it's no additional effort as you'd be drying the car anyway. Also now the weather has cooled the bodywork doesn't dry too fast.

I don't mind applying it using the rinse method but by all accounts it lasts better this way. Also I don't use a pressure washer every time and you get a much better spread of the product with a the pressure washer than a hose.

Lovely Merc, Alex, the Twingo's very nice too.
:) 👍

Thanks mate. The Twingo is definitely a contrast to the S Class that's for sure. That said brand new it was £50k less than the S Class haha. Lovely fun little car though and I think even in hot hatch circles it's quite underrated. :)

Just pressed the GO button on the Anglewax h20 thingy ...damn you all for talking it up :)

Just pressed the GO button on the Anglewax h20 thingy ...damn you all for talking it up :)

You'll be thanking us haha. It's very good stuff, lasts well too. I must admit I'm a bit casual with it and just apply it to washed glass but some go to lengths to de-grease the glass etc. as it will last even longer that way. :)

It's rained here today which means at least there's some good beading! Love how the Megs stuff repels water...

aSm6PZj.jpg

Another credit to the Hybrid Ceramic Wax is that it's all that's applied to my other half's car. Not been washed in 6-7 weeks maybe a little longer yet seems to be beading very well, considering it's a dirty car.

onX61M8.jpg

Make sure you clean the glass, then use a clay bar on it. Then once finished give it a really good wipe down with IPA or panel prep first, then 2 coats and apply to the wiper blades too.
For general glass cleaning after simply dry with a waffle weave towel. But if you do need a dedicated glass cleaner use Carpro Clarify as it's safe for coated glass, and very slick to use.

Make sure you clean the glass, then use a clay bar on it. Then once finished give it a really good wipe down with IPA or panel prep first, then 2 coats and apply to the wiper blades too.
For general glass cleaning after simply dry with a waffle weave towel. But if you do need a dedicated glass cleaner use Carpro Clarify as it's safe for coated glass, and very slick to use.
Excellent , cheers buddy

Love a good beading shot ;)
Great job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom