Did somebody ask for a video of rattles?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

@MARK

Car
Audi A7 Quattro
[YOUTUBE]aY-nfVPZ-QE[/YOUTUBE]

So I managed to get a video demonstrating the types of rattles I have been experiencing on my C Class (see other thread)

But this has a twist because this isn't my car. This is yet another C Class that ALSO rattles and creaks but it gets better

This is the Dealer Principles own car!

It rattled like this for the entire 30 minute drive back from the dealers yet the service manager (like MBUK) still claims that they have not come across problems with the C Class.

Last edited:
Oh my god, I honestly thought you were probably being @nal and nothing would really show up on the video. But that is dreadful, if it is that bad they should be able to fix it very quickly - one monkey drives while the other pokes about to stop it.

Must say, makes me glad I have the uglier pre-facelift interior!

Good luck with your rejection.

S

my 18 yr old 124 certainly does not make noises like that! Frankly its appalling and is simply unacceptable.

That would drive me mad! It's just not acceptable.

My almost 25 yr old 126 definitely doesn't make those noises.

The only car I had which made noises like that was a Passat estate that was poorly repaired after a rear end shunt which I promptly got rid off - not after I stripped all the tailgate trim, found numerous broken tabs and clips and put it all back together with judicious use of Dum Dum.

It's more of a creak really. Plastic rubbing against plastic?

And I'll repeat that my new C350 has no such rattles and creaks. MB are wrong to claim that they're all like that and should get it fixed.

wow!! - get rid asap! i have no such problem on mine

Can't beet a good video. They refused to belive my wife's B Class brakes squeeled after new discs/pads all round, until I took them a video. They then replaced them all again foc!

Sounds like the glovebox latch or some other catch isn't tight enough, hence the rattle.

Utterly unacceptable.
Did somebody tick typewriter in error on the options list?
Good luck with your quest for rejection.
Regards
John

It is more of a creak/squeak than a rattle

I have posted similar in the other thread on this but I agree with Neilrr that it is a plastic on plastic noise. A rattle implies something is loose but I don't think it is, which is why the dealer can't find a problem. A squirt of appropriate lubricant (PTFE or similar) on all mating surfaces behind the Comand might sort it - and would be a lot cheaper than litigation.

. A squirt of appropriate lubricant (PTFE or similar) on all mating surfaces behind the Comand might sort it - and would be a lot cheaper than litigation.

I think they did this at some point at the car was returned with what looked like oil dripping down the front of the nav screen and from various joints around the car.

Even today there are lubricant stains all over the dashboard and centre console.

Still squeaks though.

PS

Why was my video removed?

I have this intermittently on the C63 coupe. Very occasionally it goes mental and sounds like a geiger counter. It seems to have been less common over the past 200-300 miles, although as I explained in the Soup to Nuts thread I haven't done much mileage in the past 2 months.

A number of owners on the AMG Lounge forums have had simiar experiences, and only one person ever sorted it out. I am sort of sceptical they did actually as when people asked him to confirm what the dealer told him had caused it he sort of disappeared...

K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom