Did we land on the moon? Ch5 Tonight 8pm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkJunedd

Car
98 CLK320 Sport
As title tonight a documentary posing the question that has to be honest bugged me for years. I dont normally partake in conspiracy theories but I often wonder about the truth in this. Especailly with the advances in technology that we have now compared to the late 1960's. Hopefully tonight will make me more sceptical!

In the unlikely event we didn't land on the moon all those years ago, there is no way the news is going to break on Channel 5 at 8pm tonight :rolleyes:

I expect there will be 60 minutes of speculation by talking heads interspersed with atmospheric shots of people sitting in spaceships and walking on moons lol

Edit: However, I fully expect too that after the show we will see multiple postings from members ranting that their opinion on the subject is the only worthwhile one and that the rest of us are all ******* *****

Last edited:
It would be interesting if it unfolded that it didn't happen. It would just make you think what else is true!

Well, part one was a crock of shyte.

Strident music, zooming in and out of stock photographs, captions with lots of exclamation marks and not one jot of evidence.

I well remember the first Moon landing, and have been sceptical of conspiracy theories, however some things tonight appear and I stress appear to show certain anomolies. But and it's a big but the programme didn't have enough scientific rigour for me.

However we now have the Hubble telescope so can it take detailed shots of the landing areas, I presume it would have enough resolution to provide creditable evidence, or is Hubble controlled by NASA/CIA/ anyone else with iffy credibility.

I have it on good authority that the bleak, oxygen free and lifeless environment of the moon was actually filmed by NASA in Wellingborough's Swansgate shopping centre..

:D

Last edited:
I have it on good authority that the bleak, oxygen and lifeless environment of the moon was actually filmed by NASA in Wellingborough's Swansgate shopping centre..

:D

And with a user name like yours, that's good enough for me ;-)

And with a user name like yours, that's good enough for me ;-)

Thanks, but putting all these daft conspiracies aside I did actually, and personally witness the moon turn blood red and shift thousands of miles through space in a micro second a while back.

I well remember the first Moon landing, and have been sceptical of conspiracy theories, however some things tonight appear and I stress appear to show certain anomolies. But and it's a big but the programme didn't have enough scientific rigour for me.

However we now have the Hubble telescope so can it take detailed shots of the landing areas, I presume it would have enough resolution to provide creditable evidence, or is Hubble controlled by NASA/CIA/ anyone else with iffy credibility.

NSA
aa11216d.gif

Who? Me ? No, never said a thing.. Minding my own business.. Move along nothing to see
61d7ec94.gif

The resolution of the Hubble telescope is about 0.05 seconds of arc. At the moon's distance of about 385,000km, the smallest thing it can see is about 60m wide. The largest piece of Apollo equipment left behind is about 9m across. This makes it considerably less than one pixel on the Hubble's sensor.

The Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter orbits the moon at altitudes between 30 and 70 km, and its black and white high resolution camera can see objects as small as 1m across. It has photographed several Apollo landing sites.

The resolution of the Hubble telescope is about 0.05 seconds of arc. At the moon's distance of about 385,000km, the smallest thing it can see is about 60m wide. The largest piece of Apollo equipment left behind is about 9m across. This makes it considerably less than one pixel on the Hubble's sensor.

The Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter orbits the moon at altitudes between 30 and 70 km, and its black and white high resolution camera can see objects as small as 1m across. It has photographed several Apollo landing sites.

Plus they are still able to shine lasers off the reflective plates the left behind..

That's the wonderful thing about conspiracy theories... always an answer, without the need for evidence.

Maybe it's not an issue of Hubble not showing what is not there - but Hubble potentially showing what is there. Do not to look at what you don't want to be seen.

An astronaut interviewed for Science Report at the beginning of April 1977 let slip that the later Apollo missions were 'just a smokescreen' and that it distracted the public from asking more questions about what was really going on at the time.

Science Report Alternative 3 nederlands - YouTube

Around 29:00 on for the interview.

This programme's content caused some concern among viewers when it was eventually broadcast. It's production values stand far higher than most modern documentaries.

A bit more Welles than Wells.

Here's Mitchell and Webb's take:

[YOUTUBE]P6MOnehCOUw[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom