Did You Know ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C43AMG

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
500L ( W221 ), 2014 AMG CL 5.5 Biturbo ( W216 ) Sold, 2014 Brabus Smart ( 451 Coupe ) Mapped 130bhp
That the Windscreen Wipers do not work if you have the Bonnet Open, even slightly :(

I opened the Bonnet to check Oil etc, thought I closed it. Got back in the car and tried the Wipers nothing, rang my very helpful Indie, sounds like the switch. Did notice the bonnet not closed properly, closed it and thought nothing of it. As it had rained overnight, tried the wipers on the way to the Indie, working :rolleyes: Thought better get it checked. Got it to the Indie, lots teeth sucking, cogs turning, one of the mechanics at the end of the workshop shouted did you have the bonnet open :wallbash:

Same on the SLK, Peter.

On all Mercedes ?

The wipers should also stop working if you open a front door ...

Nearly every MB I have owned has had a scratch on the rear edge of the bonnet just above the wiper arms.

You cannot lift the wipers while the bonnet is shut.

Edited to add:

Well, you can lif the wipers but they foul on the bonnet = scratches as above.

Same on my S204 - PITA when I was trying to fix the screenwash, resorted to using a screwdriver to activate the bonnet lock so I could test the attempted repair without having to close the bonnet completely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom