Diesel 124 CE anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks like it dropped a valve or 12 along the way.

Cries out for an OM612 2.7 LITRE 5cylinder motor imho
Now there is a thought. (Shouts) Mr Walker! - How you fixed.

Edit.

Off to find a 2.7 engine.

I was chatting to a bloke outside MB Whitefield's parts dept who had a diesel 123 coupe. He said the original engine packed up along time ago and the previous owner fitted a diesel instead.

Fuel economy wasn't great, performance wasn't great and it sounded like a tractor, not sure why you'd do it :dk:

I was chatting to a bloke outside MB Whitefield's parts dept who had a diesel 123 coupe. He said the original engine packed up along time ago and the previous owner fitted a diesel instead.

Fuel economy wasn't great, performance wasn't great and it sounded like a tractor, not sure why you'd do it :dk:

Mostly just to wind Mr Walker up:devil:

The real project will be a G Wagen (old one) with some sort of Mercedes (of course) turbo engine in it.

My om603 turbo take about 0.7l/10km and my M103 take 1l/10km. And the diesel engines you only change oil every 10000km and just keep going. So no expensive services need to be done.

Because they're an easy swap (a mornings work), and the early (pre 102) engines were a bit hopeless.

seems illogical to transplant such a slow engine into that car!:eek:

With a day and 14 hours to go it is currently on at £720, some people must like it and no I'm not bidding.

I bet it was still running he original gearbox and differential, hence the low economy.

If the CE in the ebay advert has been done properly it will be a really nice car.

An OM606 turbo with appropriate gear ratios would be ideal, quick, quiet, smooth, reliable and reasonably economical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom