Diesel Additive?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bingy

Car
C220
Hi All

Has anyone used a diesel Additive on their Cars?

I have a 2004 (54) C220 CDI W203 and it has a slight hesitation sometimes when driving around town, acceleration if fine and also tick over is fine.
it is only a very slight hesitation but gets on my nerves
and was wondering whether the additive would help, and which would be the best product.

Many thanks

Used Millers diesel additive on my previous cars (Freelander, 2 Golfs, Altea, & Scirocco), put it in a full tank say 3 - 4 times a year, only purchased the Merc recently so haven't used it on it yet, was wondering same question as yourself as regards the official Mercedes view on additives.

I use Millers Diesel Power Ecomax which i find does slightly increase the MPG but i'm not entirely sure if its worth the £10 a bottle.

Another fan of Miller's here you can buy direct in 5 litre cans from the refinery/factory which makes it about a third of the price of the 500ml retail bottle

Does anyone know if it will help solve the hesitation problem or might there be something else I need to consider.

I've used forte and it removed a similar problem I had. Cleans up turbo vanes and egr. Going on a good run also helps.

Many thanks for replies, where is it best to get this forte stuff from?

Many thanks for replies, where is it best to get this forte stuff from?

Ebay. I've used millers and forte stuff! With forte you can get diesel advanced cleaner and also turbo cleaner to use in conjunction with the advanced! Can't say I've noticed any difference with any but mine hasn't a problem so I wouldn't. Think forte is supposed to be better and also give it a good thrash as that's the best thing to clear them out.

Ebay it is then....and then a good run down the A30 and back.

Many thanks

Forte is just a one shot deal to cure issues but it is brilliant stuff . Miller's is used every fill up

Think of it as Forte = Cure and Millers = Prevention

And yes Forte should help with the hesitation

+1 ON Millers
I use it and can tell the difference of diesel knock if I run it with out it..
And slight increase of MPG.

I also swear by Forte products and use at all service intervals.

have you considered having your car Terracleaned ?

I did it on my prevois car Saab 9-3 TTiD and it made it like a new car the power was back and MPG shot up

have you considered having your car Terracleaned ?

I did it on my prevois car Saab 9-3 TTiD and it made it like a new car the power was back and MPG shot up

Yet someone on one of the MB forums had it done and it made no difference at all? :confused:

Russ

it made a huge difference on my car I think it £90 to have it done might be worth a shot

I regularly drive in excess of 45,000 miles a year and have done so for the past 20 years.

I've never used fuel additives or had a car Terra-cleaned.

To my way of thinking, they don't actually make that much difference as I have always achieved a good MPG.

I currently get in excess of 61.7mpg over 17,000 miles in an E220.

Funny how though as the MPG goes up, the fun goes down and as the MPG goes down the fun goes up........

Sorry to gate crash the thread...hopefully somebody can steer me in the right direction.

MPG is fine on Mrs car (1.5 Qashqai) but soots like mad and stinks on start up despite only covering 30k.

Forte DPF Cleaner and Regenerator my best bet?

Next stupid question...is this literally an additive to the fuel tank and is it meant to be a once a year type product?

TIA

I,ve used millers in my last 3 dervs , and I think it does make for a cleaner less troublesome engine over time . @ £ 10 a bottle ( can be bought cheaper tbh ) it works out cheaper than filling up with super diesel

redline the car once a week to blow out the sooty build ups in egr and turbo and try to avoid cheap fuels - asda , morrisons etc ....

How would you guys use the Fotre for best result?

Bottle in for a 1/4 of a tank for a strong concentration or bottle in for a full tank?

Regular use of Shell V-Power / BP Ultimate should also do the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom