diesel additives

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Disclaimer:
North American "Diesel" is not of the same Quality Type as E.U.
[Considerably Lower Cetane,Loss of Lubricity (from the type of Sulfer Removal
process utilized) In general a Crappy product!]

The Redline adds Cetane.
The Startron is an Enzyme that DESTROYS fungus.
And about a pint of Synthetic TC W 2cycle oil per tankful to correct for lack of Lubricity.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_01 Nov. 28 01.08.gif
    ScreenHunter_01 Nov. 28 01.08.gif
    40.8 KB · Views: 65
  • ScreenHunter_02 Nov. 28 01.11.gif
    ScreenHunter_02 Nov. 28 01.11.gif
    32.4 KB · Views: 66
I spent 5 years on diesel engine test and development in a lab environment and unless you drive like a granny everywhere not letting your engine work then diesel additives are not worth it.

Going from good quality to very bad quality diesel makes a difference, the butt dyno is not sensitive to notice any differences though, it's a placebo in 99.9% of cases imo.

Dave!

I'd have to agree, but my experience is low mileage relatively new diesels.
Maybe in an older, higher mileage engine, the difference is more noticeable?

Russ

My car had doen 35000 miles when I bought it at 3.5 years old.....
I guess that the Millers has helped clean up the injection system a tad and that is probably the change I am experiencing.....Agree should not notice much difference in a new (clean) engine.

My engine is definitely quieter at cold start up and at round town speeds with Miller Power Plus in the tank. On the other hand over four tank fills there has been no change in consumption rate. So, when I've used what I bought I'll almost certainly manage without in the future.

I tried some millers and a few others in my last car TD5 disco and never noticed much difference but other TD5 owners swore by it, i also know a few people who have stuck the Forte stuff in to get an mot pass and who said car ran better for a short time afterwards, the cars were old dogs though:D
On another note we get a few vans in at work with veg oil in with destroyed hp pumps and injectors and misfueled diesels= expensive.

Lynall

Lots of talk about Millers. What about Redex ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom