diesel - any fuel supplier advantages?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grasmere

Car
MB C220 D 1996
There have been recent threads about the pro's and cons of eg BP and shell performance petrol.

Does anyone have any comments or experiences about different diesel fuels?
I use Shell Diesel Extra currently.

grasmere said:
are there ANY other diesel users out there :)

Yes but I tend to stick with the local garages, as shopping far and wide is uneconomical. Use Esso and Shell in the main, and avoid the smaller supplies, unless desperate. Still get a good 40+ mpg on a run.

Used Tesco's with Millars additive for last ten years . Can't see a reason to change

I only use BP Ultimate Diesel. Not sure if it really makes any difference which is why I didn't reply originally!

I too use BP Ultimate but I'm not sure if it makes any difference either. The next fill up will be just normal diesel and I'll see how it goes.

Older diesel engines are much less prone to differences in fuel quality, especialy diesels.

The newer CDI engines seem to respond better to certain diesels, but for your car, wouldnt worry...

cheers guys, I'll try BP Ultimate for a tankful or 2 just to see . . .

BP Ultimate made a big difference for me, but only to my wallet. Couldn't detect any change apart from possibly slightly worse mpg than the Sainsbury's City Diesel I normally use - which is approx 10p/l cheaper.

I did use BP ultimate exclusively for 6 months, did not notice enough difference in performance or economy to make it worth paying the extra. The only noticable advantages for were less smoke and slightly quieter.

I use Tesco's Diesel and get 430+ miles to a tankfull with a '98 2.5 turbo C Class and 500+ miles with a Golf 1.9 tdi. I sometimes use an additive but not sure if using Millers or Redex makes any difference.

With Millers do you have to add it everytime you fill up? Or just a one off? Not sure I could be bothered putting some in every fill up.

shell

shell diesel extra + millers i pop it in every third tank full run great (touch wood)

With the millers it made a difference to my 320d w210. As for the w211 i've used it from day one so can,t say. Easy to add at the pump just keep it in the boot.

I favour veg oil from aldi, v reasonably priced and smells wonderfull.

comma diesel magic great every 6k 3 mpg more after half a tank gone through on average over the last 2 yrs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom