Diesel emissions claims

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That advertisement has popped up more than once on my screen.
I have had 2 cars which qualify to join their class action but not sure whether to sign up :dk:

Reactions: 219
That advertisement has popped up more than once on my screen.
I have had 2 cars which qualify to join their class action but not sure whether to sign up :dk:
Me too (Mk6 Golf TDI and S205 C250d).

Re Mercedes Diesel Emissions Claim

Has anyone looked into whether to join a claim against Mercedes (2007 -2018 diesel cars) regarding the emissions issue?
Any feed back from members would be appreciated on their experiences of who best to sign up with for the claim?

Personally have had my car GLC 2016 recalled and now MPG has reduced from 40+MPG to 30+MPG!

Have seen many different companies getting on the band wagon, Slater & Gordon, Leigh Day and Hutcheon Law amongst others!
I believe a class/group action had been raised at Liverpool High Court in May 2020 by PGMBM (Pogust, Goodhead, Mousinho,
Bianchini & Martins) against Mercedes.

Some of these companies are looking for you to 'sign up' and sign away anything from 30% up to 50% + VAT of any claim win!

In my opinion even as a "no win no fee" that is quite a cost implication especially if they did win and had 1000s+ clients they would make millions with clients lucky to get couple of thousand.
(Hopefully someone has seen better client fees!)

While I realise this is as an emotive issue as PPI for some any feedback is welcome on how to proceed.

I saw this company advertised on ITV this morning and had a quick look at their website. Merc claim that their case is without merit and they don't seem to have cheated the tests as badly as VW did from what I have heard.

I think I'll wait to see what the result of their case is first, although I did have success with a PPI claim after Egg Loans/Credit Cards added PPI to my products without me knowing.

Firstly I suspect that much depends as to whether MB are deemed at fault or admit fault in UK. Until then all my ramblings are purely speculation & based unfounded 3rd party allegations only

Legal firm T&C's worth a check...even if it means accessing their site. One company says no fee BUT this is allegedlly subject to claimants keeping in contact and answering all emails and communications throughout.

If a legal case is won then there may be other later avenues to compensation...perhaps with lesser legal costs or no legal costs.

Personally I wouldn't fancy a legal bill for missing an email.

Some might 100% trust MB UK in event of any later associated work but perhaps some taking group action might not have 100% trust.

Obviously owners of remapped cars are unlikely to be eligible to join group action or have MB do any associated later work.

All the above is purely hypothetical unless there are any findings if failure in U.K. Until then MBUK are arguably wonderful and all allegations are as yet unsubstantiated.

Before anyone gets involved with legal firms such as these I would advise a very careful read of the T's&C's. There may not be a fee if the case is not won but watch out for expenses claims.

I think this group litigation claim thing thats going on just now for compensation is utter nonsense, why should the owner of the car get the money for increased emissions, its not like it bothered them at all, money should go to a pot for planting trees or the likes to offset the increased emissions, as if the owner was the tree hugging type they would have bought a push bike or electric car

Ladies and Gents....... let me state.. I have absolutely no intention of claiming a single penny from Mercedes over a so called mendacious behaviour regarding fuel consumption figures and / or installing software to produce a false data only when under test. Simply put I see no reason why i should claim!

My buying /leasing with Mercedes began 11 years ago when I bought a second hand E Class 350 with 89 K miles on the clock, for a smidgeon over £8k. 3 years later with an extra 40K miles I Pt - Exed it for the Lease of a brand new E Class 220. Totally happy with Performance, Consumption ( Average 56mpg 'Round the houses' and a comfortable 76mpg on a good long run) The first was a great car let down "Literally!" by the 4 Mac Pherson struts shearing simultaneously over night and having to be dragged unceremoniously out of my garage, much to the amusement of my neighbours! :-(
The Leased E Class was super smooth and a delight to drive. It cost £400 per month plus a small monthly sum for maintenance ..... 3 years and 40K miles later I took the option to exchange it for another Brand new E Class and a slightly extended mileage package which served me very well and brought me up to the End of Feb. this year, when I swapped the E Class for a New A Class, as ( She Who Must Be Obeyed) was losing confidence in controlling this Last " Big Bertha".... The exchange was completed just before 'Lockdown' and consequently the mileage is barely registering! That's four superb vehicles, all but one living up to the Marque's high reliability reputation I paid the price asked for and received excellent attention at all times from the Sales and Engineering Staff. I'm now in my 81st year and coronavirus notwithstanding, hope to see me part ex. -ing this A Class for another in about 2 years time.

Ladies and Gents....... let me state.. I have absolutely no intention of claiming a single penny from Mercedes over a so called mendacious behaviour regarding fuel consumption figures and / or installing software to produce a false data only when under test. Simply put I see no reason why i should claim!

My buying /leasing with Mercedes began 11 years ago when I bought a second hand E Class 350 with 89 K miles on the clock, for a smidgeon over £8k. 3 years later with an extra 40K miles I Pt - Exed it for the Lease of a brand new E Class 220. Totally happy with Performance, Consumption ( Average 56mpg 'Round the houses' and a comfortable 76mpg on a good long run) The first was a great car let down "Literally!" by the 4 Mac Pherson struts shearing simultaneously over night and having to be dragged unceremoniously out of my garage, much to the amusement of my neighbours! :-(
The Leased E Class was super smooth and a delight to drive. It cost £400 per month plus a small monthly sum for maintenance ..... 3 years and 40K miles later I took the option to exchange it for another Brand new E Class and a slightly extended mileage package which served me very well and brought me up to the End of Feb. this year, when I swapped the E Class for a New A Class, as ( She Who Must Be Obeyed) was losing confidence in controlling this Last " Big Bertha".... The exchange was completed just before 'Lockdown' and consequently the mileage is barely registering! That's four superb vehicles, all but one living up to the Marque's high reliability reputation I paid the price asked for and received excellent attention at all times from the Sales and Engineering Staff. I'm now in my 81st year and coronavirus notwithstanding, hope to see me part ex. -ing this A Class for another in about 2 years time.
Me - as above. Since 2007 - 1 VW diesel + 3 MB diesels , can't remember even vaguely looking at the emission levels so can't quite see how I can sue anybody for something that had no influence on my decision to buy a particular car.

Goes to the principle of selling an item that's not as described in the brochure. Taking it to an extreme if your new Merc turned up with 3 wheels instead of 4 you would feel aggrieved if Mercedes response was " what's the problem- just buy another wheel + tyre" Where suing Mercedes will be problematic is deciding what loss in value any erroneous emission figure might represent?? It might be argued it reduced the car's second hand value- but by how much?

Goes to the principle of selling an item that's not as described in the brochure. Taking it to an extreme if your new Merc turned up with 3 wheels instead of 4 you would feel aggrieved if Mercedes response was " what's the problem- just buy another wheel + tyre" Where suing Mercedes will be problematic is deciding what loss in value any erroneous emission figure might represent?? It might be argued it reduced the car's second hand value- but by how much?
I suppose that you could argue that some of that loss is mitigated by the reduced VED that has been due.

Good point and this is where any legal argument gets very technical. As I understand it the emisssions problem refers in the main to NOx levels rather than CO2 on which the VED is mainly based so may not represent a significant saving? Compounding that is that any loss of revenue is experienced by the DVLA rather than Mercedes introducing a third party who is not part of the issue between Mercedes and the suing owner?:dk:

In much the same way, you buy a car and the manufacturers brochure states 50+mpg and you only get 38, we have too long accepted car manufacturers lies, it's about time they fessed up.

To my mind if you sign up to some shyster lawyer and they win the case in your favour the you are just lining their pockets with silver. If you lose the case your Shyster lawyer may waive their fees but then you may get the winning lawyer chasing you for their legal fees. Just my thought's.

To my mind if you sign up to some shyster lawyer and they win the case in your favour the you are just lining their pockets with silver. If you lose the case your Shyster lawyer may waive their fees but then you may get the winning lawyer chasing you for their legal fees. Just my thought's.

This is similar to the whiplash claim society. A lot of lawyers left their firms and started up their own practices and created many new jobs. The successive governments at the time saw this as a political win, it's a road tax for creating jobs.

After a while it got rather distateful and put a lot of unnecessary stress on the NHS having to provide non-evidence (scientifically it was not possible to prove many of the cases whether someone had whiplash or not but about 10% of all drivers had whiplash by this stage). The govt then issues a clamp down on this malpractice and gains another political win. It is what they call a win-win.

So if this takes off, I'm sure the govt (whoever be in power, doesn't matter which party) will see this another opportunity for win-win

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom