Diesel Fuel injector

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunnybedford

Car
W166 ML 350
Hi

Could somebody please answer me this question ? if I took my vehicle (CLS 350D) in to a Mercedes main dealer with a faulty fuel injector (not known at time) and they plugged it into their diagnostic machines, would this show up fairly easily ?
I am assuming a faulty injector would show up on a diagnostic check, i am led to believe they are programmed to the ECU, so a faulty one, (in my none mechanic's mind !) would surely show up if plugged into a diagnostic check ?

I ask as a had a less than happy experience with a main dealier, which led to my car being with them for 4 days and finally diagnosed as a faulty injector, but i cant help thinking the real reason was they were too busy, and flobbed me of with the excuse that they could not find the fault , or am i wrong ?
Cheers Neil

The injector doesn't show up with a fault code against it. From the symptoms, the technician should plug in but then look at the live data. This way they can see actual values and determine it's faulty

With a suspected faulty injector the best route would be to perform an injector leak-off test. This would show which injector is at fault.

Injector may give a fault code regarding 'calibrated values out of range' (or something...), plus then SDS shows elctrical correction values of injected fuel amount and tells allowed range of variation. As above a physical leak back test tell more inner condition of injector seals. Special test bench is needed for more accurate testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom