Diesel injectors cleaner.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Should I just put recommended amount into my tank?
1 dosage = 20l of diesel (and that's what I have now in my car)
Thanks!
Chris

hijacking the thread.....

I'm not using mine for long journeys at the moment, only short, cold start trips

It won't get a blast until early August, so the engine is probably getting a bit 'claggy' - is a shot of this stuff recommended?

Cheers

Yes of course. I have some at the workshop if you want any and are nearby.

Dieselman will be along soon to give some advice I am sure.

Should I just put recommended amount into my tank?
1 dosage = 20l of diesel (and that's what I have now in my car)
Thanks!
Chris

Yep. You can use more if you wish without doing any harm.

Hi!

Yep, after just 1 mile I feel difference! Don't really know what is happening but engine is not as loud as it was plus it looks like I've got my power back.

I will be able to tell today after doing 100 miles if my problem is related to dirty injectors.

THANKS BlackC55!!

Cheers
Chris

Last edited:
IIRC the manual for our ML states that fuel additives shouldn't be used, or else it may harm the warranty. Any idea why?

some additives can have negative effects on the cdi parts, especially the high pressure pump... almost like putting a bit of unleaded through the system!

IIRC the manual for our ML states that fuel additives shouldn't be used, or else it may harm the warranty. Any idea why?

It's the default safe option for the manafacturer. By stating that no additive should be used they remove the risk (or remove their responsibility to be more accurate) of poor quality stuff damaging the engine or fuel system.

It's the same as sell-by dates on supermarket food. They're to protect the retailer, not you.

Hi!

Yep, after just 1 mile I feel difference! Don't really know what is happening but engine is not as loud as it was plus it looks like I've got my power back.

I will be able to tell today after doing 100 miles if my problem is related to dirty injectors.

THANKS BlackC55!!

Cheers
Chris
The power increase and quietness is because is contains a cetane booster. You should get the same effect if you use the premium versions of diesel.

I have to say I have a C270CDi and I've tried Millers and premium diesel and neither seem to make any difference (and I'm saying that as someone who has experienced Shell Optimax petrol making a really noticeable difference in a turbo petrol car I used to have).

The theory is that if you use it all the time it keeps the injectors clean.

The power increase and quietness is because is contains a cetane booster. You should get the same effect if you use the premium versions of diesel.

I have to say I have a C270CDi and I've tried Millers and premium diesel and neither seem to make any difference (and I'm saying that as someone who has experienced Shell Optimax petrol making a really noticeable difference in a turbo petrol car I used to have).

The theory is that if you use it all the time it keeps the injectors clean.

And cleans up dirty injectors and piston rings, valves, etc..

A dose of Millers is cheaper than going to a premium fuel, and like others I can't tell the difference when using V-power...other than 7p per litre more cost..:(

Hi!

THANKS BlackC55!!

Cheers
Chris

Nice to hear a review from a new user, although I'm sure someone will say it's all in your mind.

I'm still waiting for test data from Millers, I'll chase them up.

The items in bold fit exactly with their claims and offical test reports I've read. One report had smoke tests carried out, the dose then added and cars driven for 20 miles then more smoke tests. There was a definate reduction on all but one car. The driving duration was short so as to not clean the injectors, in other words only the difference in the fuel was making the change.

it will be interesting to see if you gain an economy advantage, or otherwise.

Nice to hear a review from a new user, although I'm sure someone will say it's all in your mind.

I'm still waiting for test data from Millers, I'll chase them up.

The items in bold fit exactly with their claims and offical test reports I've read. One report had smoke tests carried out, the dose then added and cars driven for 20 miles then more smoke tests. There was a definate reduction on all but one car. The driving duration was short so as to not clean the injectors, in other words only the difference in the fuel was making the change.

it will be interesting to see if you gain an economy advantage, or otherwise.

Dieselman,

I can hear the difference - engine is not as loud as it was.
Power? I've got intermittent problem with loss of power (even Olly looked into that and seems to be thinking that it is in my mind BUT I've got 10% less power most of the time and now I have a way to prove it) but with this Millers car seems to be as nippy as it was before fault has occurred.

I don't know what exactly is happening in my engine but it is different now.
I've done 50 miles today and have to do another 50 miles so will tell you guys what is going on:)

Cheers
Chris

Yes of course. I have some at the workshop if you want any and are nearby.

Dieselman will be along soon to give some advice I am sure.

Thanks for the offer Olly, but you are about 2 gallons away, so its cheaper to buy the stuff on spec these days

encouraging feed from Columb though - I think its worth splashing the cash if only to give it a bit of a clean out

OK, so here I am.
100 miles (little bit more), just one day and just one dose. 20 liuters of diesel (just around, bit less I would say).

So:

- Engine is so quiet now that I can't believe it!!! CAN NOT BELIEVE HOW QUIET IT IS NOW!!!
- bit more power.
- don't know if there is any reduction to smoke as I've never seen it anyway (or rarely in rear view mirror)
- fuel economy - can't really say, I wanted to be home asap today so wasn't doing 70mph ;)

Will I buy it again? Don't know yet!

Cheers
Chris

Its on the shopping list for the weekend, but how come quieter - can someone explain please?:confused:
Thanks

Thinking about this, what makes a premium diesel or different brands, different.? Additives.

You are adding additives every fill up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom