Diesel man

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the policy of banning, what happened to free speech? Even if his comments are (hypothetically speaking) directly insulting, so what....that's a risk you take in life whenever you interact with another person. Grow up and deal with it.

I think moderation has its place , and those who do it walk a tightrope .

As far as I can see , moderation on this forum is anything but over zealous and people have in the past been warned publicly to tone down their conduct ; in all probability , the moderators probably give private warnings before taking action , so I doubt it ever comes as a surprise .

Ultimately , unacceptable conduct , if allowed to continue unchecked , does drive other members away as they tire of it : numerous people have commented on this in the past ( and this is NOT aimed at DM , even if there have been some comments about his manner ) .

The most recent example I can think of , where a permanent ban was , IMHO , perfectly justified was the young chap from Glasgow who came on and , after bragging about this and that , became very abusive of other members .

A week in the cooler is at the lower end of the scale and we will most likely see DM back before long .

I see we're in the Poll section - what are the choices? :cool:

I vote for a red stripy straw then please

dead_thread.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom