Diesel Misfuel devices - which is best

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nikki2512

Car
CLC220 CDI Auto
Some help from the wise please.

Having just purchased my first diesel car a CLC 220 CDI Sport and running two other petrol Mercedes in the family, Iam concerned that one of us at some point will have a lapse of concentration and end up with petrol in the diesel tank.

From looking at the car, there does not appear to be anything built into the filler to prevent a Misfuel and since they say that prevention is better than something or other.........., Iam lookingt to buy a Misfuel device to physically prevent a petrol filler fitting the diesel CLC.

Having looked at various offeringsin the market, two caught my eye and appear strong contenders being :-
1) Fuel angel - appears to be a stainless steel tube if some sorta do is MIRA approved.
2) Diesel Head - seems to be a solid looking bit of kit with a metal collar. My main concern is that it appears to have lots of moving parts and I wonder if these could break off or fail.

Any advise as to which is best or indeed any other alternative devices.

Before anyone says it, I know common sense should rule but everyone can make a mistake and I just do not want it to be us with petrol where it is not wanted.

Thanks

Nikki

I know the diesel head 1 is good as my mate fitted it to his wife's corsa to prevent her doing it a 3rd time.
It needs the correct diameter of fuel pump nozzle to open the flap up..

Exactly the same kind of flap is fitted to my Mondeo diesel as standard.

Cant see why all manufactures have this fitted as Ford does.
Especially with the very high costs of repair iffilling and running with petrol

I know the diesel head 1 is good as my mate fitted it to his wife's corsa to prevent her doing it a 3rd time.
It needs the correct diameter of fuel pump nozzle to open the flap up..

Exactly the same kind of flap is fitted to my Mondeo diesel as standard.

Cant see why all manufactures have this fitted as Ford does.
Especially with the very high costs of repair iffilling and running with petrol
Good to know that someone is pleased with the diesel head device. The Fuel angel looks as though it is robust with no moving parts so will last, but no one has posted views as yet. Thanks for your input. Nikki

Just looked at Fuel Angel and that also looks a great piece of kit:thumb:

Good to know that someone is pleased with the diesel head device. The Fuel angel looks as though it is robust with no moving parts so will last, but no one has posted views as yet. Thanks for your input. Nikki

Post number fifteen

I've since found a thicker O-ring so I'm now using the Solo again. I haven't needed to fill up yet so can't comment if the drip has been fixed.

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates. I did look at the Solo diesel but found negative comments that water could get into the tank since the unit has no cover. Guess the volume of water would be small unless using pressure washer or car wash, but given a free choice of devices, why not buy one with a full cover. Still deciding between Fuel Angel (which appeals due to it's simplicity) and Diesel Head which on paper looks like a well engineered bit of kit. Realy need to see Diesel Head since still concerned as to number of moving parts and risk they will break off into tank.

Nikki

The Solo has a sprung flap below the claws to prevent stuff and things falling into the tank.

I will take a closer look at the options and make a decision to get it sorted sooner rather than later. Begs the question, Why can't Mercedes build a misfuel feature into the diesel cars like other manufacturers?

Nikki

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom