Diesel Misfuel - which device is best ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nikki2512

Car
CLC220 CDI Auto
Some help from the wise please.

Having just purchased my first diesel car a CLC 220 CDI Sport and running two other petrol Mercedes in the family, Iam concerned that one of us at some point will have a lapse of concentration and end up with petrol in the diesel tank.

From looking at the car, there does not appear to be anything built into the filler to prevent a Misfuel and since they say that prevention is better than something or other.........., Iam lookingt to buy a Misfuel device to physically prevent a petrol filler fitting the diesel CLC.

Having looked at various offeringsin the market, two caught my eye and appear strong contenders being :-
1) Fuel angel - appears to be a stainless steel tube if some sorta do is MIRA approved.
2) Diesel Head - seems to be a solid looking bit of kit with a metal collar. My main concern is that it appears to have lots of moving parts and I wonder if these could break off or fail.

Any advise as to which is best or indeed any other alternative devices.

Before anyone says it, I know common sense should rule but everyone can make a mistake and I just do not want it to be us with petrol where it is not wanted.

Thanks

Nikki

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom