Diesel Software Update: Can I check if my car has had this done?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slartibartfast

SUPPORTER
Car
W221 S350L, R231 SL350, SL400
Is it possible for me to check if my car (2011 S350L Bluetec) has had the official MB Diesel Software Update? It has full MBSH and recently undergone a full B service at MB main dealer.

Just curious that's all.

If it's been into the dealership for service recently then almost certainly .

If you cruise gently along on duel carriageway etc in gearbox E mode and very slowly increase the speed, what speed does it go into 7th?

It seems to about high 50s mph before the update, and above 75mph after the update.

You can also go online and search for Mercedes Benz recalls, and go to the Mercedes.co.uk site and enter your cars vin number, it will show this and any other recalls that are outstanding.

You can also go online and search for Mercedes Benz recalls, and go to the Mercedes.co.uk site and enter your cars vin number, it will show this and any other recalls that are outstanding.

Diesel software update​

• Affected?
    Yes
  • Status
    Open

Is it only the Euro 5 models? My previous 212 had it but the online checker says my Om654 is not affected, which I’m pleased about.

Diesel software update​

• Contain?
    Yes
  • status
    open minded
This is what mine says, but i'm sure it's been done. Albeit it by an Indy but they do upload everything. I will see if i can test it. One question - is there an easy way to see what gear you're in when in auto? Or is it a question of driving at say 60 in which case it should be in 7th (pre recall), and then manually seeing if it will still change up?

This is what mine says, but i'm sure it's been done. Albeit it by an Indy but they do upload everything. I will see if i can test it. One question - is there an easy way to see what gear you're in when in auto? Or is it a question of driving at say 60 in which case it should be in 7th (pre recall), and then manually seeing if it will still change up?
I've no idea what gear I'm in when in auto :)

If you have a Manual option (button) I can just press the button to cycle through E, S and M, and back to E again. As it passes through M it shows me what gear I'm in.
Hmm no ive just got E and S and then can just use the flappy paddles. When i use the paddles it helpfully comes up with what gear im in, but not when in auto. Bit of a shame as that would actually be quite useful to know.

Here's how you can tell with an OM642:

If you accelerate up from say 45mph to 70mph - slowly - your E350's RPM should be at 1700rpm at 70mph (if you haven't had the update). You should feel a gear change at just under 55mph where the revs will drop.

If it's 2000rpm @ 70mph and only changes back down when you hit about 75mph, it was in 6th and the update has been done.

So to be clear, your RPM should be about 1700 at 70mph, which means it's in 7th.

Sorry, I can't help with other engines.

or use the UK one

Goit point. But can someone confirm that the Dieselgate update is showing on the official recall list? MB are referring to it as 'voluntary recall' so it's not clear what they mean... or if it is actually included in the official recall list.

my car is listed. and yes its voulantary - so its up to you. to an extent like all recalls.

put your vin in the site and see

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom