Diesel Software Update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Apparently they checked some wiring, though looking at my receipt the fault had been diagnosed on Star-so not sure what they were trying to achieve.
I am sure I read on here that chaffed wiring due to poor routing was one of the problems with failing NOX sensors, and had to be re routed to resolve the issue.

Maybe they had to resolve this first before the Software update could be done. Might be worth asking the question of Mercedes to see if they are prepared to offer any goodwill.

I am sure I read on here that chaffed wiring due to poor routing was one of the problems with failing NOX sensors, and had to be re routed to resolve the issue.

Maybe they had to resolve this first before the Software update could be done. Might be worth asking the question of Mercedes to see if they are prepared to offer any goodwill.
Thanks for the info. I will try that.

So what happens then? The dealer will replace the sensors FOC so that they can carry-out the mandatory software update?
The dealer should contact Mercedes to see if the sensors could be changed under goodwill. We used to get loads changed under goodwill but that door has been closed and goodwill is harder to get.

There is a known fault about the nox sensor wiring chaffing on the rear of the gearbox on Ml’s, that would bring up a nox fault but the problem is that you still can do an update, maybe not needed yet, but when a sensor fails it sounds like you’ll be in for a pair.

This thread has me thinking, that there are possibly 3 issues that could all be interrelated whilst consumers have little idea over what symptom/cause and end up paying four figure bills

NOx sensor(s)​
Software update​
AdBlue wiring/sensor​

When my vehicle displayed an "AdBlue...... undriveable in 458 miles message" it ended up with both new NOx sensors plus software upgrade (has never driven the same eg inferior MPG eg hangs onto 6th gear (7G box) when warm on a flat motorway).

This thread has me thinking, that there are possibly 3 issues that could all be interrelated whilst consumers have little idea over what symptom/cause and end up paying four figure bills

NOx sensor(s)​
Software update​
AdBlue wiring/sensor​

When my vehicle displayed an "AdBlue...... undriveable in 458 miles message" it ended up with both new NOx sensors plus software upgrade (has never driven the same eg inferior MPG eg hangs onto 6th gear (7G box) when warm on a flat motorway).
Thanks. In my case it is the adblue heater. Interestingly Mercedes are prepared to change the sensors if necessary but not the Adblue heater, which seems odd. Your experience though has me doubting whether to proceed anyway.

In normal circumstances I wouldn't. But- if there is a recall surely they have to do whatever it takes to complete it.
I cannot understand your logic.

Your vehicle has faults. They are your responsibility to fix.

Mercedes have a legal responsibility to carry out a recall as directed by VOSA.

They have absolutely no responsibility to address the existing faults on your vehicle to allow that recall (whatever it may be) to take place.

I cannot understand your logic.

Your vehicle has faults. They are your responsibility to fix.

Mercedes have a legal responsibility to carry out a recall as directed by VOSA.

They have absolutely no responsibility to address the existing faults on your vehicle to allow that recall (whatever it may be) to take place.
I respect your opinion. The reason for the post was to get other opinions. I think what has blurred this is that Mercedes have said that they would replace the Nox sensors if necessary - so in effect they are doing the very thing you suggest they shouldn,t. I am also led to believe that my fault would be cured by the software upgrade-so if they did that first and it didn't cure it I would of course be happy to have the repair done.

I respect your opinion. The reason for the post was to get other opinions. I think what has blurred this is that Mercedes have said that they would replace the Nox sensors if necessary - so in effect they are doing the very thing you suggest they shouldn,t. I am also led to believe that my fault would be cured by the software upgrade-so if they did that first and it didn't cure it I would of course be happy to have the repair done.
It makes sense that Mercedes will only apply a software update to a vehicle that is not displaying error codes. The act of installing new software may itself put up a code and they won’t have clear line of sight to cause and effect if there were pre-existing faults.

If the NOx sensors are an acknowledged manufacturing issue supported by MB corporate, then the dealers may well change them FOC, as their costs will be covered by head office.

The AdBlue heater may be (considered by MB) an unusual fault or normal wear and tear. They may or may not choose to fix this under the goodwill programme. In this case it looks like they’re not willing to do this, so it’s down to you to get it fixed or pay for them to fix it

It makes sense that Mercedes will only apply a software update to a vehicle that is not displaying error codes. The act of installing new software may itself put up a code and they won’t have clear line of sight to cause and effect if there were pre-existing faults.

If the NOx sensors are an acknowledged manufacturing issue supported by MB corporate, then the dealers may well change them FOC, as their costs will be covered by head office.

The AdBlue heater may be (considered by MB) an unusual fault or normal wear and tear. They may or may not choose to fix this under the goodwill programme. In this case it looks like they’re not willing to do this, so it’s down to you to get it fixed or pay for them to fix it
Thanks for the explanation which is really useful. I have since discovered that there is a TSB on my car for a software issue with the Adblue heater but Mercedes are refusing to acknowledge it exists even though I have seen the TSB myself. The error message I have only appeared as soon as I filled the Adblue so cant believe it is a fault with the actual heater-too much of a coincidence!
I have decided to take it to an Indie to get the software done and will take it from there. Thanks again.

Had my c220 cdi 2013 in for air bag recall on 21/4/21 at Mercedes Leeds they did the diesel software update and ever since it’s been in limp mode I asked why I wasn’t told they said it’s part of the recall so I explained it’s not and got in to a long discussion with them about their illegal software and eventually the workshop manager agreed that it is down to this and they would fix my car I took it in yesterday and got a message saying cars fixed and to collect it so I went today 1/5/21 to collect and Mercedes Leeds take it to another level told me my car is fixed when I drive 100 yards it’s back to limp and return back tell them it’s not fixed and this time I asked for a courtesy car as I’ve not been able to drive my car for almost 2 weeks and I’ve been very patient and not asked for 1 previously but now it’s becoming a joke asking for lifts and they straight refuse then when I ask to speak to a manager (Paul at Mercedes Leeds) he refused to talk to me then when someone I work with who is there asks me what is wrong and I start to tell him, the manager runs up to me really aggressive and lunges at me like he is going to punch me and his homeboy Rashid starts calling me a **** head I really don’t think that’s the service you should get from a prestigious car brand. All I want is my car to run the same as when I took it to them
Your experience of Mercedes Customer Service is similar to mine. They simply will not listen, are very patronising and arrogant. They treat us like plebs. My friend gets far better service from Kia, which is hardly considered a prestige brand. But they give a 7 year warranty and seem to care about their customers. They should not have done anything to your car without your permission-and in my case they will not do what I am asking. They will eventually lose customer confidence if they continue to behave like this. I am getting more concerned about this software the more read.

Had my c220 cdi 2013 in for air bag recall on 21/4/21 at Mercedes Leeds they did the diesel software update and ever since it’s been in limp mode I asked why I wasn’t told they said it’s part of the recall so I explained it’s not and got in to a long discussion with them about their illegal software and eventually the workshop manager agreed that it is down to this and they would fix my car I took it in yesterday and got a message saying cars fixed and to collect it so I went today 1/5/21 to collect and Mercedes Leeds take it to another level told me my car is fixed when I drive 100 yards it’s back to limp and return back tell them it’s not fixed and this time I asked for a courtesy car as I’ve not been able to drive my car for almost 2 weeks and I’ve been very patient and not asked for 1 previously but now it’s becoming a joke asking for lifts and they straight refuse then when I ask to speak to a manager (Paul at Mercedes Leeds) he refused to talk to me then when someone I work with who is there asks me what is wrong and I start to tell him, the manager runs up to me really aggressive and lunges at me like he is going to punch me and his homeboy Rashid starts calling me a **** head I really don’t think that’s the service you should get from a prestigious car brand. All I want is my car to run the same as when I took it to them

Screenshot_20210501-204929_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210501-204841_Chrome.jpg
???

Hopefully (for coleys) the dealer didnt try and apply the Dieselgate update to his 'c180 kompressor coupe'....?

I am starting to think that I totally misread coleys' post....... he says he has a C220 CDI...

I have put it across many threads as I’m trying to get as many people as possible to see the level of service you get at Mercedes Benz Leeds and it is my c220 cdi with the problem not my old c180 and as you can tell I’ve always driven and after the service I’ve received I probably won’t anymore

I have put it across many threads as I’m trying to get as many people as possible to see the level of service you get at Mercedes Benz Leeds and it is my c220 cdi with the problem not my old c180 and as you can tell I’ve always driven and after the service I’ve received I probably won’t anymore

But....it's against the rules here isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom