Diesel Taxes Could be Hiked to Cut Air Pollution

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have often thought about setting up an alternative religion based on fundamentalist aetheism.

Why? It already exists. Always has. It is other religions that have been subsequently invented.

Why? It already exists. Always has. It is other religions that have been subsequently invented.

But my bad boy fundamentalist outfit would actively proselytize and convert and obviously being fundamentalist we'd have a bellicose militant wing that would be so extreme that it would be anti-secular and campaign for a blasphemy law that pursued people who asserted the existence of god.

Then we'd start to reach out and touch other countries that didn't deny the existence of any given deity with our international militant extremist wing Aetheist Jihad.

Of course we'd have to hate America .... well everybody does don't they. If we didn't then nobody would take us seriously.

But my bad boy fundamentalist outfit would actively proselytize and convert and obviously being fundamentalist we'd have a bellicose militant wing that would be so extreme that it would be anti-secular and campaign for a blasphemy law that pursued people who asserted the existence of god.

Then we'd start to reach out and touch other countries that didn't deny the existence of any given deity with our international militant extremist wing Aetheist Jihad.

Of course we'd have to hate America .... well everybody does don't they. If we didn't then nobody would take us seriously.

You're back!

On a minor note concerning diesel engined cars in the UK there has been a seismic shift in the ownership of diesel cars promoted largely by the favourable taxation status of the fuel. This to the extent that several manufacturers in recent years have denied their customers the choice of buying a petrol engined version of their models [ unlike other EU countries]- are you listening MB UK???
Like Dryce I suspect a very large no of business journeys by car or plane in today's network/internet conferencing world are largely unnecessary

Like Dryce I suspect a very large no of business journeys by car or plane in today's network/internet conferencing world are largely unnecessary

My jaded observation was that during Gulf War 1 when planes were flying empty in Europe that it didn't seem to cause much real disruption and business continued.

So I've had a view since then that a significant proportion of travel is actually superfluous. The economy can live without it.

However I'm no angel. I'll also admit to flying more because the costs went down. I used to travel to London twice a week in the late 90s instead of just one long stay because the costs dropped. Flights were less than a hotel at one stage.

are you listening MB UK???
Past performance would suggest not.

I made the comment in another thread a few months back that MB UK was well and truly behind the curve on this one (i.e. the anti-diesel backlash that was clearly building up a head of steam) and needed to get their finger out PDQ and get a full range of petrol engines on offer.

Nothing's happened yet :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom