Dieselgate - tip of an iceberg?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...interesting read.. I don't think anyone doubts collusion between the German car manuf ,.that's biz.......twas the first thing that sprung to my mind with the VW emmisions fiasco...so being fined billions ?? what will that money pay for ?? roads upkeep in Germany...!!??..what an irony from the country that makes the worlds best ....electric cars will not replace the best option of petrol / hybrid for more than at least 50-100 years....purchase costs, recharging and low mileage per charge is gonna cause even greater congestion on our busy roads.....for example..how many stops to find places to charge up between the East Coast and Cornwall ??..how long would it take ..??..how long would the queue be on a busy route ??.. I waft down on one tank of fuel in 6hrs 30 on a good day in my petrol vers with blue effic !!!......foxy52

Last edited:
This is not news to anyone who has the slightest idea how Germany works as a nation.

Sometimes I think the UK should have acted the same some years back instead of apologising for EVERYTHING and navel gazing.

But I digress.

Well Mercedes paid the bulk of that €2.9 billion fine, which was for cartels involving truck building. I reckon cars being a much bigger thing.

Alarm bells should have started ringing when German subsidiaries all had similar engine sizes and outputs in their small diesels. If one can't do it honestly, they probably all can't.

As I understand it. VW (panicking because incriminating papers may have been seized during the deiselgate investigation) jumped in and confessed to the authorities, on the basis that the blabber gets off lightest, but Mercedes had beaten them to the punch.

Japan however takes it to another level. The world of manufacturer cartels out there revolves around the big Japanese banks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom