Dieselman still blocked

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flango

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes SLK R171
Just heard from Will he is still blocked from forum access could someone have another look at the issue?

Also I thought I would post on the other thread started by *** but it's been closed :dk:

Something not right somewhere :dk:

Clearly Admin thought the problem solved?

I recall it took a few attempts to clear the blockage last time.

Clearly Admin thought the problem solved?

I recall it took a few attempts to clear the blockage last time.

Yes it looked to have been sorted but looks like it's reoccurred, so thought I would bring it to the attention of admin again :thumb:

As l am somewhat of a 'new boy' to the forum l don't know why Dieselman or Will (as he is know by his friends) is blocked from the site. This is the second or third time? since l became a member. All l see is him do is giving excellent advice on all sorts of issues with members problems with their vehicles, (l include myself is group). Hopefully it won't be to long before he is able to post again.

As l am somewhat of a 'new boy' to the forum l don't know why Dieselman or Will (as he is know by his friends) is blocked from the site. This is the second or third time? since l became a member. All l see is him do is giving excellent advice on all sorts of issues with members problems with their vehicles, (l include myself is group). Hopefully it won't be to long before he is able to post again.
This is how I understand it:

He is not specifically blocked. Dispite having traps in place to prevent spammers from joining they still do and the process of banning them also bans the IP address range. Over the years we have banned a LOT of spammers (thousands) and some people (not just Will) are using the same ISP as the spammers so might pick up a previously-banned IP address. DHCP lease times can be quite long sometimes so the IP will be assigned to a customer for weeks or months in some cases.

The work Koolvin did earlier was to purge some of the blocked IPs.

My password was blocked the other day. After entering my (correct) password and being denied access for a fourth time, I had to apply for a new one. Strange. :confused:

My password was blocked the other day. After entering my (correct) password and being denied access for a fourth time, I had to apply for a new one. Strange. :confused:
It'll likely be one of these two:

1. You have entered the password incorrectly several times, most likely on a smartphone but also due to something silly like capslock being on.

2. Someone else is trying to log in as you and has entered your password incorrectly enough times to block you. As this person probably doesn't have access to your e-mail there is little point in them asking for recovery. If you DO receive recovery e-mails then please let us know!

Don't worry...he's on the otherside while this gets sorted.

It'll likely be one of these two:

1. You have entered the password incorrectly several times, most likely on a smartphone but also due to something silly like capslock being on.

2. Someone else is trying to log in as you and has entered your password incorrectly enough times to block you. As this person probably doesn't have access to your e-mail there is little point in them asking for recovery. If you DO receive recovery e-mails then please let us know!

I was sat at my keyboard. I checked the capslock and after a couple of attempts made sure I was typing my password correctly.
When attempt number four was 'incorrect' I decided to apply for a password change.

It's been a while...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom