dieselman

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st4

Banned
Car
C220cdi tourer
Hi folks got a messagetfrom will he can't get on forum...shame this is still happening

Take it signing in as a 'new member' wouldn't help either...?

I appear to be back now after both gaining a new IP addy and completely deleting, even from registry, my browser and then re-installing.

For some reason my IP addy was blocked at ping level but only this forum. Any ideas on why this happens?

Last edited:
Welcome back. Did you go visit Developer's sister too?

I appear to be back now after both gaining a new IP addy and completely deleting, even from registry, my browser and then re-installing.

For some reason my IP addy was blocked at ping level but only this forum. Any ideas on why this happens?

to be honest, I don't understand any of what you did there?:doh:

welcome back Will :bannana:
Ditto.

BTW, what browser are you using? There's clearly something that's triggering the issue as there are a few users who suffer from this every now and then.

to be honest, I don't understand any of what you did there?:doh:

I didn't either that's why I offered him a much simpler way, !

Bet he's still using windows95, LOL

Last edited:
Ditto.

BTW, what browser are you using? There's clearly something that's triggering the issue as there are a few users who suffer from this every now and then.

I'm sure this was just a chance event after renewing my antivirus software.

The browser is Firefox, but it's not restricted to that. Once the block happens no browser can contact the forum server as the IP addy becomes blocked from access.

I didn't either that's why I offered him a much simpler way, !

Bet he's still using windows95, LOL

Dos 3.11...

The problem with proxies is you are giving them all your login information...OK in theory...

What is 'ping level' please. I feel I need to know in case it comes up in conversation at some time in the future.

is it your ISP or DNS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom