Diet starts today!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
An ICG IC7 spin bike, Concept 2 rowing machine, resistance bands, weights bench with dumb/bar bells, balance board, and a few other little things.
Also use a Polar Vantage V2, and my sons also use Polar monitors, to keep tabs on heart-rate, recovery status, etc...
Alongside the exercise, I have reduced alcohol (try to limit to a double measure 3-4x per week), but not really dieting per se, just being aware of what's going down the trap hatch!😆

A possible added side-effect is that my migraines seem to have reduced in frequency, although this w/e has been bad. Resting HR now down in the 50s and BP at 'normal' levels, without the use of medication.
I’ve got a Concept 2, it’s an awesome workout but I have to be in the mood! If I’m not feeling fit it confirms my suspicions very quickly! I’ve got a training bike set up with Zwift which is my go to for cycling but just playing around with FulGaz which has video recordings of rides. It’s a nice change but I can’t get the power to work quite right. At the moment I’m riding up 6% climbs in the big ring and almost spinning out, but only producing 200 watts so somethings not right there!

The format is suggesting that your recommended daily input of kilocalories is 3200 / day.
Which means you're probably a 6'3" 23 year old rower, with a 31 inch waist.

General NHS recommendation for breakeven calorie consumption for a British male is 2500 kilocalories, but nutritionists generally believe that to be too much for the typical Brit.
Here's that source:
What should my daily intake of calories be?

"Hope this helps..."

Last edited:
The format is suggesting that your recommended daily input of kilocalories is 3200 / day.
Which means you're probably a 6'3" 23 year old rower, with a 31 inch waist.

General NHS recommendation for breakeven calorie consumption for a British male is 2500 kilocalories, but nutritionists generally believe that to be too much for the typical Brit.
Here's that source:
What should my daily intake of calories be?

"Hope this helps..."
I’d struggle to keep to 2500 calories b

Ok, starting me diet today, I'll weigh meself once a week, every Monday. :)
Starting weight on,
8th Feb - 15st - 10lb :eek:
Bloody Hell, you've done well: 12 lbs (5,5 kilos) lost in five weeks.

Did you cut off an arm?

Out of curiosity, I weighed myself today. Glad, I think, that I did; now down by 23lbs since Jan 11th.😁😁😁

Did you cut off a leg, or stitch up your mouth ? That's a kilo a week.

Lots of hard work in the gym. Doing between 8-12 hours per week. Not particularly dieting, though I have cut back a bit on Al's keyhole!
Can’t wait for the gym and pool to reopen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom