Diet starts today!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SmartAmg

MB Club Veteran
Car
2011 E class coupe 350 cdi
Right! Me diet starts today,
starting weight 15st 1lb, :eek: which would be fine if I was
6ft 2" but unfortunately I ain't :rolleyes: got a couple of incentives to aim for I've got a bike ride for charity in July and going on a cruise in August, plus just generally better health. :) Anybody else dieting?

During the past 6 mths, I have gone from 90, to 99 kilos.......I like kilos, as adding just 9 kilos, sounds better than adding a huge 19 lbs! :eek:

Last week, I decided enough is enough and started the diet (masochistic self harm programme). No bread, no booze, no snacking etc, :( - My god, this is going to take some serious self control.

Well, so far, i've lost a huge 8.8 lbs (4 kilos)!!!

No really dieting but cutting out booze for half the week for the next 4-6 weeks.

I'm a good stone overweight and have a 10k run to do in February.

I'm doing plenty of training and getting much fitter but not shifting much weight. So time to cut out all those dead calories.

During the past 6 mths, I have gone from 90, to 99 kilos.......I like kilos, as adding just 9 kilos, sounds better than adding a huge 19 lbs! :eek:

Last week, I decided enough is enough and started the diet (masochistic self harm programme). No bread, no booze, no snacking etc, :( - My god, this is going to take some serious self control.

Well, so far, i've lost a huge 8.8 lbs (4 kilos)!!!
Well done on the loss so far.:D

I started mine on Monday.
Current weight 87.4kgs.
Target is 70kgs.

I did the same last year (similar starting weight). Got down to 75kgs before I started enjoying the summer BBQ’s and treats. Then went wild over Xmas break as usual. :rolleyes:

No fancy diet, just cutting out the wine, chocolates, crisps and basic rubbish. Also no caffeine (again) and zero carbs. It’s gonna be very boring but hopefully will feel the benefit.

I have a fixed position Makita tool belt for work and had to let it out a wee bit on my first day back yesterday. :eek:

I guess once the weight is lost the trick is to have treats in moderation as opposed to bingeing.

6ft 2" but unfortunately I ain't :rolleyes: got a couple of incentives to aim for I've got a bike ride for charity in July and going on a cruise in August, plus just generally better health. :) Anybody else dieting?

Anyhow, what sort of crazy fool starts a diet on a Tuesday??? :D

I tried the keto diet for around 6 weeks. And was showing a vague 6 pack and bicep veins. But as soon as you reintroduce carbs the body slams the weight back on . Im off the guiness for a few months . Ill see what effect it has.

Good for you! Good luck!

I’m not on a diet but I’ve been trying to be more mindful of what I eat and how much I eat. The trigger was a noticeable increase in cholesterol and blood sugar levels which seems to be linked to some medication as my weight and other obvious factors hadn’t changed over the same period.

I can’t not take the medication so I need to do what I can to reduce the underlying baseline. I’ve not really tried (yet) but I’ve lost 4% in 10 weeks, and the levels have reduced, so my target is to increase to a total reduction of 15% by the mid year.

I don’t want to have to go on a diet unless I have to, so I’m just going to try to be more mindful and see how close that gets me to the target. I’m not in a great rush, as I would like to make a sustainable change which will continue.

I need to diet but still have goodies left over from xmas,last case of lager in the fridge,some cake still left finished the mince pies yesterday,I suppose I could save the whole tin of Hero's for when the kids turn up next month,will start on Saturday thats a promise I think.

Going through all this myself. According to the charts my weight was OKish but I was about 18” too short....

Started a year ago and have lost almost 3.5st with about the same to go

First chunk was achieved quite easily with a low carb diet and building in regular exercise at the gym. That has really helped overall fitness - when I started I could wobble-run for about 90seconds before my pulse went dangerously high. Can now do over 30 minutes, which for me is 5K on the treadmill.

But the weight loss tailed off a lot after about six months so I’ve been pretty much flat, maybe down just a bit, for that time. So decided I needed a different approach and have signed up to Noom. It’s a bit different in that it isn’t really an eating plan/diet - more of a psychology approach - a CBT program on your phone. This suits me as I already know about good food choices, that doughnuts for lunch aren’t going to make for success at the next weigh-in etc etc. Finding it very helpful so far and it seems to have kick-started the weight loss again.

Going through all this myself. According to the charts my weight was OKish but I was about 18” too short....

Started a year ago and have lost almost 3.5st with about the same to go

First chunk was achieved quite easily with a low carb diet and building in regular exercise at the gym. That has really helped overall fitness - when I started I could wobble-run for about 90seconds before my pulse went dangerously high. Can now do over 30 minutes, which for me is 5K on the treadmill.

But the weight loss tailed off a lot after about six months so I’ve been pretty much flat, maybe down just a bit, for that time. So decided I needed a different approach and have signed up to Noom. It’s a bit different in that it isn’t really an eating plan/diet - more of a psychology approach - a CBT program on your phone. This suits me as I already know about good food choices, that doughnuts for lunch aren’t going to make for success at the next weigh-in etc etc. Finding it very helpful so far and it seems to have kick-started the weight loss again.

Ring donuts (for lunch) are a healthy alternative - all the unhealthy stuff is in the middle of the donut!

I went to see my GP about my spiralling weight problem.

After listening to the amount I eat and drink on a daily basis, her diagnosis was that the weight gain was caused be me only having one 4rsehole.

I have been looking at this amazing diet,you can eat as much as you like as long as you do not swallow.

Just avoid things that make you fat.....

Like scales, mirrors, photos.........
(with apologies/thanks to the basschat forum jokes pages)

Dry January and no desserts / chocolate.

Should deliver. If it doesn't, could be looking at a dry Lent (March - April)

And every year I ask myself "why do we put so much on in November & December, only to spend January / February trying to get the lot off again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom