Diet starts today!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I walk most days up the crags beyond the rear of my house. Very demanding and gets the heart pounding.

Never did it much before we were confined to our homes. Human nature?

Hasn’t stopped me looking in the fridge multiple times per day. Strangely the contents don’t change much between visits. I sometimes wonder what I’m hoping for.

Dry January and no desserts / chocolate.
Should deliver. If it doesn't, could be looking at a dry Lent (March - April)
And every year I ask myself "why do we put so much on in November & December, only to spend January / February trying to get the lot off again.

Yes, all that extra weight disappeared by the end of March.....

Only to reappear as Q2 Coronakilos.

Why do we do this to ourselves?

Anyone got any top tips?

Right! Me diet starts today,
starting weight 15st 1lb, :eek: which would be fine if I was
6ft 2" but unfortunately I ain't :rolleyes: got a couple of incentives to aim for I've got a bike ride for charity in July and going on a cruise in August, plus just generally better health. :) Anybody else dieting?

Time for an update - starting weight 15st 1 lb current weight ????

Time for an update - starting weight 15st 1 lb current weight ????
As you say, started at 15.1 got to 13.2 in just 6 weeks, it's sneaked back up :rolleyes: now 14.6, 13 weeks off work didn't help, but that's just an excuse really, so still lost 9 pound
from the initial 15.1, but put back 1.4 from what i got down too, if all that makes sense. :)

And every year I ask myself "why do we put so much on in November & December, only to spend January / February trying to get the lot off again.

Despite the Coronakilos, I did manage to lose 4kgs on the whole year, and I’m probably fitter than I’ve ever been. (Which isn’t saying much but no longer having borderline hypertension is “nice.”)

But the good news (?) is that the Christmas run up doesn’t look to be anywhere near as bad on the muffin top as it usually is.

Have we learned anything? Or is it all just the same old same old?

Attachments

• B1333ED7-ED01-48D4-BE12-ABC4F56B1B9A.jpeg
    B1333ED7-ED01-48D4-BE12-ABC4F56B1B9A.jpeg
    206 KB · Views: 8
Blimey. I got a fright seeing this thread reappear. I thought @SmartAmg was starting his diet before Christmas. :oops::eek::rolleyes:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ok, starting me diet today, I'll weigh meself once a week, every Monday. :)
Starting weight on,
8th Feb - 15st - 10lb :eek:
A cruel year. Dry Veganuary finished last weekend, and Lent starts next Tuesday.

JonnyNoMatesYear so, if I can't do it this year, when can I ?

13st 12 (88 kilos)

Target 13 stone by 4th April (Easter). A 34 inch waist and my weight 30 years ago. Sounds unlikely, huh?

file_23048_whippet-460x290.jpg

Up at crack of, snowing, cold east wind. Another fine day,
Breakfast 😋 first buy blush pears from any supermacado, peel, chop to bite size chunks, tip half or more if required into your Porridge plate, take a small pinch of raisins and sultanas, sprinkle over pear, or cut some black seedless grapes in half, about six will do, chuck those over pear. Put one bone china teacup full of Porridge oats into microwaveable Plastic jug, add one and half bone china cup fulls of semi skimmed milk,
Stir to mix put in microwave for 1min 50secs, take out stir and tip the lot over pear chunks, dried fruit black grape halves, or in fact any fresh fruit that you may prefer, sit down, scoff the lot lovely. Do not put any sugars, golden syrup, or sweetners over porridge No!!, Bad!! News!! Have mug of hot tea semi milk, no sugar, and a slice or two of brown low g,I, fresh crusty Cob, from lydls, toasted and spread with low unsalted President butter, and maybe a smear of Bovril, deliciously satisfying way to start the new winter day😊.
PS, do not feel cheated if you don't have a very valuable old bone china teacup, it simply means you are not quite as well off as some of us, enjoy your day,🍐🍇🍌🍎🍓🍒🍏🍊😋.
T

15th Feb - 15st - 5lb :)
Nothing wrong with weighing 15st 5lb, and you may well be 7ft 8", tall, in which case beautifully formed, perfect BMI, but I have a certain doubt about that.
Wondering given your height at that weight just what your BMI is?
The longest journeys must start with the first step. Good luck to you. 👍

Well in a earlier post I said I would start well forget that,but just finished the chocolate biscuits and so SWMBO has decreed that it is the egg diet for us,we do have diet,and so kicking and screaming I am being dragged to the scales,which have to be wrong,I cannot be that heavy,the shock was the scales said would one of you get off :eek:

I haven't read all the posts, if this has been mentioned before then my apologies. I have been on Keto with my wife for around 18 months. We keep falling off the wagon but have lost 4.5 stones between us. Dr Berry says the most fattening breakfast we can eat is cereal with skimmed milk!!!!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm trying to lose a bit of timber too but its not going too well.
Where do you think I'm failing?
Breakfast today.
2 slices of white bread toast, proper butter and plenty of it, with home made strawberry jam and a cup of scald.
Lunch.
Another two slices of toast with lettuce, 2 slices of ham, tomato, cucumber and red onion with salad cream dressing.
Now I think this is where I may be slipping up.
Dinner (wife at work so fending for myself)
2 slices of bread and butter for a sandwich of 2 birds eye burgers, fried red onion, 2 eggs, left over potato fried in lard and a tin of Heinz BBQ beans.
It was that or a takeaway curry:dk:

I've been having soup and a sandwich almost every day for lunch and I've gained 3lbs since New Year.
I think it might be the occasional fried food and bread doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom