Diff oil capacity/specs for 300TE-24 (and a few other questions too!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hab5000

Car
Porsche 964C2 / 300TE-24 Sportline
Had a look at the diff the other day and it's looking a bit damp, so thought it's time to change the oil.

Does anyone know the capacity and oil spec? I think it's EP 80w90 but just want to confirm.

Also, the bonnet won't stay up, and I can hear the spring mechanism clanking around on corners under the drivers wheel arch. Anyone have a a part number/diagram picture/price of what needs replaced?

I have a bulb warning light come on intermittently. Sometime it's the drivers (RHD) tail light, sometimes the drivers sidelight, sometimes, but less often, they both work and no bulb warning light.

Finally, oil pressure gauge is pegged at the top regardless of engine state'/temp. I'm assuming sensor fault. I've been told it is situated on the oil filter housing and best accessed from underneath. (m104 engine) Can anyone confirm this? Again part no/disagram pic/price would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Regarding the warning light for a faulty bulb. I had the same intermittent fault. It was the cover over the relay housing at the fuse box. The cover was loose and not pushing down on the various relays / components in there. Also check the fuses for corrosion while you are there. They need to be removed to check as they corrode (or maybe erode) where they mount into the copper fingers.

Towards the back of the owners handbook there'll be a list of all the different fluid capacities and an mb specification like 229.1 (engine oil) which can be looked up here https://bevo.mercedes-benz.com/bevolisten/bevo-sheets-sort1.html for a bit more info when the owners handbook only lists an mb spec number

The diff on my 320te takes a nats over 1 litre of hypoid/EP sae 85w90 or sae90. Even if it took a little under a litre it'd still make more sense to buy 2 litres as you can't get the squeezy bottle at a high enough angle to get much more than 2/3 of the contents into the diff without making a right mess

Mercedes Benz Model 124 - M104 Maintenance Manuals the oil pressure gauge is covered in more depth under 54 chassis electrical, instruments than it is under 18 engine lubrication. Being Septics they call the bonnet a hood, it's under section 88. You'll have to take the wheelarch liner out to see if a spring has broken or if something else has corroded/broken and freeing the spring etc

Appreciate the info. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom