Difference between 2013 and 2014 interface?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maurauth

Car
2016 BMW M4 Convertible
I'm not sure how to describe this but I'm sure pictures will work!

It appears that sometime between the 2013 and 2014 models the interface changed to the rather smarter screen.

I think it's the same on the main colour display in the centre console/dashboard (COMAND?).

I'm guessing the bit in the steering area is a completely different type of screen, the old ones being just black and white displays and presumably this would be impossible to retrofit.

However the centre console/dashboard screen seems exactly the same other than the style of the UI, is this just a software update that can be done yourself? Any ideas?

2014-mercedes-benz-SLK350-BlueEFFICIENCY-Portsmouth-KN14OTA-480-4.jpg

2011-mercedes-benz-SLK250-BlueEFFICIENCY-Southampton-HN61BVU-480-4.jpg

The instrument cluster is different (colour display vs black and white that can go red)

There was a 'brown' style and a 'grey' style on the COMAND itself, which I can't remember what year that changed (maybe MY2012->MY2013), but apparently you can software update the COMAND and then switch the colour of the display. I haven't actually tried that.

There was then the change from NTG4.5 to NTG4.7 which changed the COMAND internally (behaves almost the same) but supports Bluetooth PAN so can talk to iPhone for data. Again, I think that was been introduced for MY2013

Richard

I shall investigate this software updating business then haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom