Difference between Comannd & Becker Map Pilot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ashadam

Car
CDI220 AMG Sport Plus Saloon Arrived 6th March 2013 Still Happy!
Hi everyone I was trying to find a review of the current Command System in the W204 and the Becker Map Pilot but not had much hope with either really. I had use of an AMG Sport Saloon for the last 4 days and was the 1st time I have used command as previously coming from BMW Idrive. One of my main reasons for not getting command was because of Becker Map Pilot as from my experience with Idrive I generally only used Navigation and Hard Drive for music so this was a big plus point.

After using the command this weekend I felt I made the right choice in not selecting as I could not see the dditional benefits you get with command. So was wondering if someone can give an up to date review.

I hope you dont give me reason to change my order again last time cost me 6 weeks.

Thanks

Last edited:
I have had my c class for a week and i went for Becker and audio 20 as I wanted the iPod connection. I have since also got an 8gb flash drive that I have put music on and left connected in car.
I have been very impressed with whole set up and don't feel I am missing out on anything by not going for command.
With Becker you can still have sat nav detail showing on speedo display (only realised that today)

Last edited:
I have had my c class for a week and i went for Becker and audio 20 as I wanted the iPod connection. I have since also got an 8gb flash drive that I have put music on and left connected in car.
I have been very impressed with whole set up and don't feel I am missing out on anything by not going for command.
With Becker you can still have sat nav detail showing on speedo display (only realised that today)
So do you know what your missing out with the command system other than hard drive, which is the main difference I can spot.

From memory, so could be wrong, with command u can get online functions, slightly bigger screen, voice activated features, and option of tv/video but at extra cost. And as you stated the hard drive.

Excellent thanks for that mark, how are you finding the system? I thought you could still use voice command on Becker not an issue for me but I am sure I read this a while back.

Excellent thanks for that mark, how are you finding the system? I thought you could still use voice command on Becker not an issue for me but I am sure I read this a while back.

You can.

Very happy with the Becker/Audio 20, have a 32gb usb drive with all my music plugged into the USB socket in the centre console so don't miss the hard drive. Voice command does work with the Becker, Command would give me a slightly bigger screen and maybe some online connectivity. But overall I'm glad that I chose the set up I have

Last edited:
So overall there does not seem much difference with command and map pilot from my view but please correct me If i am wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom