Differences in w203 types

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

danh287

Hi, I'm new to Mercedes Benz ownership and was just wanting to know the differences between classic, elegance and avantgarde. I've just bought an avantgarde and want to know the options each type came with. Cheers, Dan

I have a C220 CDI Elegance, manual. Not sure on the differences as the Elegance was the only Mercedes the dealer had. Mine came with the standard Mercedes Audio 10 casette deck and I had them change it before I bought it. Alloy wheels, leather interior. Not sure how many things were optional or standard.

It really depends on which model you have bought which will determine what is standard. The options list for most MB models is somewhat extensive and I have seen Elegance models better equipped than Avantgarde!

The avantgarde and elegance are similar, except the alloy wheels are different, and the avantgarde has lower and stiffer suspension. Also the avantgarde has blue tinted glass whilst the elegance has a green tint.
As to what each has on it was down to the original owners specs and size of wallet, as like most things in life, uou can have what you want sir , that will be £xxx extra.

I know that on the 211, HID headlights are standard on Avantgarde and Elegance but not Classic. Think you're generally correct on the suspension set-ups as my C270 (an Avantgarde too) had the stiffer suspension but my current car has factory lowered suspension as an added option!

aventgarde

I'v also just brought a C180K AVENTGARDE SE auto (56).
Im not sure about the CLASSIC but the ELEGANCE had polished wood cappings on the doors & centre consol, while the AVENTGARDE has polished alloy consol & half leather seats.
I think the CLASSIC is the entry model.......?

It is indeed :)

I should know, I've got one :(

For one thing.... the Classic is all one colour, i.e. no chrome lines on the exterior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom