different offsets ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marty359

Car
BMW 330d with indicators and Jeep Renegade also with indicators
Help :(

A couple of weeks ago I cracked a rear alloy in three places on the rear of the wheel, I went to the main dealer for a price on a new one :eek: then left feeling faint and quesy with a part number.

I managed to find a new boxed wheel locally for £150 and popped it down to the bodyshop where my car was having the other wheels powdercoated,I got a call today saying the cars done and I went to pick it up but when I got there the company that bead blasted the wheels had sent the old wheel back and it has an ET of 34 where as the new wheel ive bought using the part number from the dealer has an offset of ET30.

Whos going to tell me some bad news? why would they make the same wheels with two different offsets and is this going to be a problem?

Marty:(

Ive found they come in two offsets for the same car 30 and 34 :doh: I wish the dealer had mentioned this.what effect will running two different offsets on the rear have?

If i have to order one from the main dealer at £466 its going to take 6 days to get here from Germany.

Different offsets for front and rear, to fill the arches better?

Do they have the same part number as your original ones?
I have found that some wheels with the same part number have different offsets by a few mm. I dont have a clue why though.

So one rear alloy will have an offset off 34 and the other rear an offset of 30. I am no expert but using two different ones may affect the alignment / geometry and handling.

As an alternative you could use a 4mm spacer with the ET34 alloy to make it the same offset as the other rear - ET30.

Last edited:
Marty , on a car like yours it's not worth putting one spacer on or anything like that ... its a 350 bhp car , get the right one , it'll be safer.

You have probably bought one with an offset for a front axle.

EG. the wheels on the front of my CLK have an offset of 37 and the rears have an offset of 30 .

Morning chaps and thanks for the replies.

I'll have to order a new wheel today theres no way I want to use a spacer I want it to be 100% safe.I was searching for info last night and what i can make out the the PCD and bore are the same its just the offset which is going to make the wheel stick out a few mm more and since im doing another runway run soon im not risking it.

I still dont know why they have two different offsets,it may be that it has the offset for a front axle Howard but it only lists ET34 for the rear:dk:

Anyone want a brand new 8.5 x 18 with a ET34 offset? £150

What's the part number?

Perhaps the dealer has looked up the part number for the front wheel by mistake and passed it on to you ?

Last edited:
The dealer asked for the chassis number but the car was in the bodyshop.I told him that did'nt really matter as the wheels are not the standard 17" there 18" and off a C55.

Part number ive got is A2094011502 £466 inc VAT

Thanks for the info npuk,im pushed for time now i'll have a proper look later, im either looking for an ET30 or a ET34 as its been running fine on rear ET34's for the last 20 months.

Marty

Part number ive got is A2094011502 £466 inc VAT

Rear alloy wheels: 18x8.5" ET30
Wheel part number: A2094011502 / B66031305

In stock at MB & Smart of Derby see partsreunited link above.

If you can wait for it to be ordered from Germany put an enquiry in on partsreunited to get prices from various main dealers as the price varies considerably. When I did a check a few weeks ago when looking for a set of AMG III the best price I got was from Mercedes-Benz & Smart of Derby anyway.

Last edited:
Unfortunatly the wheels had already been sold but using the site seven dealers replied this morning.The highest price was £935+VAT and the lowest £397+VAT and after a bit of haggling with another dealer I got it for £357.30+VAT the same price as the dealer in the link above and is coming from Germany hopefully within 5 days.

Marty

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom