difficult to start

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

topliner

Hi, I recently had one glow plug failure on my 2007 E280 cdi but decided to change all of them(6), I ordered the replacements from Mercedes. All has been well until a couple of weeks ago, it now will not start in the morning without having to turn over a few times after the glow plug light has extinguished, once warm it starts fine. I have read threads re the glow plug module also becoming faulty and was wondering if a fault code is thrown up when this occurs. In some threads I have read it mentions the glow plug light coming on or staying on after start up then going out, in other threads there is no mention of either the EML or glow plug light but the fault turns out to be the glow plug relay.
As always thanks in advance

I had a similar issue with my CLS , the light would go out as normal but it would crank over a few times before it started from cold only.The light never came back on at any point.

A STAR check confirmed ,via a fault code, that the relay was knackered , i replaced it in 20 mins and all has been well since.

Kenny

Thanks Kenny, just run a diagnostics using Delphi, it came back with " Glow output stage: At least one of the glow plug is not actuated." so it looks like the relay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom