Digital dashboard readings changed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Devonish

Car
SLK, Triumph Sprint ST 1050cc
Help

Re Digital readings

Hi Sorry I pressed the wrong button.

If this is in the wrong section I apologise. I was not sure exactly which section to ask the question in.

I have a 2005 R171 200 Kompressor manual 6 spd

The main speedometer is in MPH

If the digital readout in the lower section between the two dials is set to give a digital readout of the speed in KPH, Should the word MILES or KPH appear in the main speedometer dial between the two red warning lights.

I am asking because my car has been to the main dealer for over three days now whilst they try to fix my on going problem with the engine oil level readout in the upper digital display.

also now the lower digital readout appear to read differently it now shows as

RN-
0KPH

Can somebody tell me what the RN- means

I would like to talk to a member who has a similar car to me and who is actually by the car so we can compare the digital readouts.

Thanks in advance

Neil
Devon

Yeah, its a bit irritating for it to display kmh. You could get in changed via star using comandonline.co.uk. They could put the temp display there instead.

IIRC most MB speedos don't have dual readings (mph & kph) around the dial. So for any car which may visit mainland Europe the digital kph display is necessary.
I once spent ages in a 2002 C Class trying to change the display before I found out it couldn't be changed

IIRC most MB speedos don't have dual readings (mph & kph) around the dial. So for any car which may visit mainland Europe the digital kph display is necessary.
I once spent ages in a 2002 C Class trying to change the display before I found out it couldn't be changed

Mine has...and therefore every w210 has, dual readings around the dial.

Mine has...and therefore every w210 has, dual readings around the dial.

Oh!

09 plate A Class doesn't
13 plate SLK doesn't
02 plate C Class didn't

Can't remember about W210 I had or ML Class

Thanks

Mine a 2005 R171 does not have dual speed readings its just in MPH, which is why I really wanted the KPH I the digital readout.

Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom