digital service book

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A question if I may, The SeCode, (that I was given in all the paperwork from the dealer where I bought the car secondhand) is it a code supplied and registered to the original owner only?, Do I have to apply to my local MB dealer to get a code specifically assigned to me? The code I have doesn't work when I enter it, it just says "Invalid Code",

TIA

A question if I may, The SeCode, (that I was given in all the paperwork from the dealer where I bought the car secondhand) is it a code supplied and registered to the original owner only?, Do I have to apply to my local MB dealer to get a code specifically assigned to me? The code I have doesn't work when I enter it, it just says "Invalid Code",

TIA

I had that, tried several - but you just need to to use the SecCode from the last service, it'll be on the bottom right.

If you don't have the print out for the last MB service, you will have to get in touch with them

I had that, tried several - but you just need to to use the SecCode from the last service, it'll be on the bottom right.

If you don't have the print out for the last MB service, you will have to get in touch with them

Thanks Teddy I'll have a look at that. Do they issue a new number after each service then?

Thanks Teddy I'll have a look at that. Do they issue a new number after each service then?
Yes.

When a service is carried-out, a new SecCode is issued, at which point the previous SecCode is invalidated and will no longer work.

If you have the SecCode from the most recent service, and it still does not work, in the first instance ask the dealer to issue a new SecCode (they can do that).

If the new SecCode does not work either, then you will need to contact the Mercedes Me helpline.

Also, you can only access the Digital Service Book (and then enter the SecCode for access) through your Mercedes Me portal, so you need to have a valid Mercedes Me account and logon credentials.

I think that the SecCode is linked to the car's VIN, and not to the owner or to the Mercedes Me account, but I am not 100% sure.

Reactions: BMF
Yes.

When a service is carried-out, a new SecCode is issued, at which point the previous SecCode is invalidated and will no longer work.

If you have the SecCode from the most recent service, and it still does not work, in the first instance ask the dealer to issue a new SecCode (they can do that).

If the new SecCode does not work either, then you will need to contact the Mercedes Me helpline.

Also, you can only access the Digital Service Book (and then enter the SecCode for access) through your Mercedes Me portal, so you need to have a valid Mercedes Me account and logon credentials.

I think that the SecCode is linked to the car's VIN, and not to the owner or to the Mercedes Me account, but I am not 100% sure.

Thanks markjay.

Digital Service Report now up and running on Mercedes Me. No message from MB following my emails about the service. Just tried to load the report expecting the spinning loading icon and all popped up.
I expect MB had so many complains emails that they could not notify all the complainants that they had fixed the system.

Sadly, still not working for me:

20190217-002926.jpg

Just logged into Mercedes Me on my IPhone and was able to view and print my DSR. Logged onto the Mercedes Me Portal on my PC went to Mercedes Me Assist and clicked on Digital Service Report it loads Service For My Vehicle. The Service For My Vehicle shows Reg, mileage at last Service, date if reg, VIN but sticks at that. My PC did an auto upgrade last week, looks like MB need to do some more debugging to get all to work.

Having now printed off the DSR I wonder why I bothered. The digital record has less detail than the invoice from the garage. Just shows the date, mileage And type of service A,B and in the case of my B1 brake fluid change. No record shows of warranty repairs, software upgrades, recalls (ie the steering earth recall). I had the air on regassed at the B Service no record. The garage invoice form a far better record. I was hoping for more detail from the DSR but alas it’s only an electronic form of the old stamp book.

This seems to be working now for me.

Update on response from MB following my email supplying details on my phone and PC operating systems. “ I am sending the information you supplied to our special technical service and will contact you when I have further information”.
Seems that Special etc have started to fiddle as today no error message just a loading icon that circles for a while then crashes the app on the phone web portal on the PC.
I wish I still had my DOS system it would probably work fine!

Yes that is correct. It's a shame we don't get all the information on the DSB

Having now printed off the DSR I wonder why I bothered. The digital record has less detail than the invoice from the garage. Just shows the date, mileage And type of service A,B and in the case of my B1 brake fluid change. No record shows of warranty repairs, software upgrades, recalls (ie the steering earth recall). I had the air on regassed at the B Service no record. The garage invoice form a far better record. I was hoping for more detail from the DSR but alas it’s only an electronic form of the old stamp book.

That is literally all it is. when we fill it in, it just has tick boxes for the service work carried out. Anything other than service items wont be on there.

Natacha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom