digital signal tv

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steven dryden

Car
cl500
hi i have a mercedes cl500 2001 and i asking if any one has any idea of how to get a digital signal to my command so i can watch the tv any help please

hi yes has tv but the unit in the boot had to be discnected as was draning the battery

There are 3 units in my boot: CD changer, analogue TV tuner and a Bose amp. You might not have Bose fitted.

It's often the CD changer that develops a current leak. Was it this or the TV tuner that was disconnected? If the CD changer was disconnected you should still get white noise on the TV screen. If the TV tuner was disconnected, when you press the TV button you'll get the message 'No TV' or words to that effect. In this case you'd have to proceed as in the link above with a second hand analogue tuner (about £90 on eBay and easy to fit) plus the digital tuner and other gubbins.

Interesting my tv in front comes up no tv but one in back does not come on at all , I would like to sort my ones too ,, can they not be connected to a DVD player at all ? Sorry for crashing your thread :devil::devil:

can they not be connected to a DVD player at all ?

As far as I know, the only way of getting any video signal onto the screens is via the TV tuner. That's why there's 2 auxiliary inputs on the tuner.

If TV was definitely factory fitted on your car you could try replacing the TV tuner. However, the system is quite complex and the fault could be elsewhere.

As far as I know, the only way of getting any video signal onto the screens is via the TV tuner. That's why there's 2 auxiliary inputs on the tuner.

If TV was definitely factory fitted on your car you could try replacing the TV tuner. However, the system is quite complex and the fault could be elsewhere.

Yes definitely factory fitted

IMG-20140815-WA0003.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom