Dilema

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

anarchy-inc

Car
C240
Got a call from a headhunter today. The company has seen my CV, they know my background and the want to see me.

"Great!!"

The headhunter started the usual story about the job, lots of world travel, great salary, great bonuses and on and on.

"Great", I said again.

They are not too far from where I live but I'd be working from home.

"Even better!"

So then I asked what they did. Vision systems, was the first response.

"What sort of vision systems", I asked.

He tried to backtrack a little and talk more about the company and how great they were.

"Could we go back a step. What sort of vision systems are we talking about?"

SPEED CAMERAS

:crazy: :eek: :crazy: :(

He has arranged the interview for this Friday. Half of me wants to go, the other half of me has a REAL problem with selling speed cameras in good faith.

Brian WH said:
Who would know if it was a software setting???? :D

:devil: All you'd need is a short sub-routine to check for the Merc logo and automatically delete those files. :devil:

Seriously though, this is really getting at me. I know I still need to do the interview and actually GET the job first, then worry. But I don't know how I'll react when the MD says, "so, what do you think about speed cameras?"

Or just imagine the first joint customer visit. He gets in my car and gawks at the Snooper. :D

anarchy-inc said:
:devil: All you'd need is a short sub-routine to check for the Merc logo and automatically delete those files. :devil:

Seriously though, this is really getting at me. I know I still need to do the interview and actually GET the job first, then worry. But I don't know how I'll react when the MD says, "so, what do you think about speed cameras?"

Or just imagine the first joint customer visit. He gets in my car and gawks at the Snooper. :D

Go with your conscience mate, unless the offer is too good to turn down. If you are unhappy in a job it is worth thousands to find a better position. :eek:

Forget the idea of ignoring MB badges, I reckon there are a lot of people speeding in MBs who deserve to be fined...

*BUT* I could entertain the idea of cameras ignoring MBClub UK stickers! Much more discreet, and those who own other cars on the forum would also benefit! ;)

Shude said:
Forget the idea of ignoring MB badges, I reckon there are a lot of people speeding in MBs who deserve to be fined...

*BUT* I could entertain the idea of cameras ignoring MBClub UK stickers! Much more discreet, and those who own other cars on the forum would also benefit! ;)

Hehe, you're not talking about forum members that drive things like B*Ws are you? :crazy:

take the job....someone has to do it, now....if you could just rise the trigger speeds in the SE by, say, 10mph?????

The MD seeing the snooper would be hilarious...tell him its to make sure the cameras are functioning?

Take the job!!! It's about the only industry in this country whose market size is growing. Ask for a bonus based on units sold or ticket issued and you'll be quids in.
Philip

Id take the job and if anyone asks what you do for a living say you sell digital cameras :D Now if it were for a traffic warden now thats a different matter :devil:

Shude said:

anarchy-inc said:
Hehe, you're not talking about forum members that drive things like B*Ws are you? :crazy:

IF MB badges AND MBClub THEN delete

Take the Job. We'll get someone else to paint the white lines wrong.

GRAV I sense some orders for stickers coming soon......

anarchy-inc said:

He probably has one himself. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom