Dilema

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tan

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W140 S-Class, Porsche Cayenne and Porsche Boxster
I am thinking of changing the Sl for something a bit newer with a few less miles.

My thought so far are CL500 or S320 CDi

Very different i know but i have an S320 at the moment and its quite nippy and very economical.
My only reservation is the fact that it will look like "Daddies" car.
but the way i see it the money saved over a CL could be used to send it along to the boys at Brabus.

or final option is that i run the SL and see how long it lasts

S320 CDI. But have an open mind and go and look at the 730d as well. I would really have to sit down and think about that one. Both superb cars. 730 is a lot more exclusive tho :D Everyone and their granny has an s320 CDI . something daft like 63% of s classes are 320 cdi's:crazy:

tnDSCF0107.JPG

CL all the way! :D

However they are two different animals. The S-class ride is much softer, whilst the CL is harder and bumpy when the road is harsh. When the roads reasonable, it's like a magic carpet ride.

The CL would cost twice as much to run (fuel wise) than the S.
Servicing costs would be the same.
S320 CDI would hold it's money better.
CL goes faster
tnDSCF0100.JPG

I would get an extended test drive of a CL and see what you think. The CL would probably be a better choice image wise for you!

It's a difficult choice, but at the end of the day they are both great cars. :)

I think you should get the S320 CDI the BMW 730 are having a lot of problems selling no one wants them the S320 CDI would look great with some rims tinted windows and lowerd and i dont think that a black S-class is an old grandads car maybe the silver one is:)

Hey Maff, you want to get your CL looked at mate - it's got a bit of a vibration at 160 :D

Originally posted by Flyer
Hey Maff, you want to get your CL looked at mate - it's got a bit of a vibration at 160 :D

nah its Richard who took the pic, too many bodyshots!

You need a CL55 AMG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom