Dilemma - CLS Grand Edition or E350 CDi Coupe Sport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Borotew

Car
E350CDi Coupe Sport - Gone
Any thoughts?

I am looking to buy one or the other, viewing not easy as one is 170 miles North, the other 120 miles South. Have spoken to both dealers and both have offered acceptable deals for similarly specified cars, Comand etc.
90% of the time there will only be myself and the better half in the car, not too many short journeys, some longish of about 60 miles and quite a few to France.
Both appeal,CLS is roomier and has a road presence but is older technology while E350 has a certain something about it that appeals to the boy-racer in a 66 year old but would still be comfortable.
So advice is sought on the merits or not of either car.

Thanks in advance

CLS all day long, especially as a GE.

E Coupe is based off a C Class, and not in the same sector as a CLS.

Last edited:
CLS gets my vote too; iconic design with a fantastic internal layout and dashboard.

The "E" coupe is closely related to the C-Class and can't be compared to be fair, the quality feel of Mercedes took a step back after the W219/211 imo.

If you do need to get into the back of an E coupe - they are a bit of a squeeze - I got a lift in one last week a coupe of times and the back was definitely not the best place.

Otherwise for looks it's the CLS for me.

CLS for me also , E Coupe is nice looking but not in the same league as the CLS. Only 4 seats in the CLS if that is an issue , older technology is not always a bad thing as by now there are plenty of "experts" out there who have seen most 219 problems before , G-E has bucket loads of go when you are in the mood but it is a little thirsty if you do a lot of short town trips.

All G-E models are well speced from factory but there are ones out there that have ALL the toys - Nappa , paddle shift , rear blind , Harmon Kardon sounds , memory pack , Airmatic etc. Tyres on the G-E are bigger than the coupe as standard so if you do a high milage then it may be a factor.

The only thing i didnt like on the CLS was the thin steering wheel ,which i replaced with retrimmed one from Royal Steering Wheels.

Kenny

Last edited:
Many thanks to all who gave their thoughts. After trying both decided on the E Class Coupe as it is big enough for two plus it fits the garage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom