Dinamica/Artico seats white stain problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all,

So I think I have a very similar issue in a 62 plate C-250, does this look like the similar issue you are all having?

I'm going to take it into the Doncaster MB Dealership over the next few days/weeks

Is there anything specific I should say to not get a fobbed off excuse?

Roobler

k9kvfT6.jpg

q9fonu9.jpg
Yes the same problem as I had

Yes same here!! Although mine is not half as bad as some of yours!
Was going to use Sonax Alcantara cleaner as my last hope

Car has been detailed, and gets valeted every month...still pops up!

My car is still under Warranty so have messaged the After Sales Manager and complained. Lets Hope Colindale can sort it.
Rather have the Seat covers given to me and I will take it else where to be replaced.
Saves getting another mark on the paintwork of my car.

Great thread..

BUMP

Ive had a E220 for a few months now and my seats are getting worse by the day. The warranty (3 years?) was up last month. I spoke to Mercedes Reading just before the warranty was up and they told me to bring it in. I'm wondering if I am flogging a dead horse now taking it in. Has anyone else had the problem looked into after the warranty was up?

This problem comes under the 3 year manufacturer warranty! As I discovered my car is 2 months outside of this. I have only had the car 10 months and has taken me till now to realise what is causing this, as it has got worse with the colder weather! But my argument is it's a fault that should have been either resolved before I purchased the car.
MB UK are involved and I had a call from MB in the Netherlands yesterday to which I missed, dunno if this is a good sign or not?
If anything as a good will gesture they should sort it out! If you are going to sell the car on how the hell do you with the mess on the seats?
Does anyone have a direct link to the Bulletin regarding this?
I'm quite let down by the MB brand - the best or nothing.

Solution to this is tick the full leather option and don't skimp :D

This problem comes under the 3 year manufacturer warranty! As I discovered my car is 2 months outside of this. I have only had the car 10 months and has taken me till now to realise what is causing this, as it has got worse with the colder weather! But my argument is it's a fault that should have been either resolved before I purchased the car.
MB UK are involved and I had a call from MB in the Netherlands yesterday to which I missed, dunno if this is a good sign or not?
If anything as a good will gesture they should sort it out! If you are going to sell the car on how the hell do you with the mess on the seats?
Does anyone have a direct link to the Bulletin regarding this?
I'm quite let down by the MB brand - the best or nothing.

Edit: sorry I was using mobile app so I didn't see the whole thread.

That looks horrible, I'd like to know what's causing it

Last edited:
Edit: sorry I was using mobile app so I didn't see the whole thread.

That looks horrible, I'd like to know what's causing it

It's the glue coming through from manufacturing. Only fix is to recover seats I'm afraid and if he pushes MB then they will fix under warranty and even though manufactures warranty has run out, he is still within the dealers warranty and they should look after him, but he needs to keep pushing and taking no for an answer. This is what I did!

It's the glue coming through from manufacturing. Only fix is to recover seats I'm afraid and if he pushes MB then they will fix under warranty and even though manufactures warranty has run out, he is still within the dealers warranty and they should look after him, but he needs to keep pushing and taking no for an answer. This is what I did!

I'm surprised he needs to keep pushing. Its very apparent and obvious, especially if its the glue i.e. manufacturing fault.

I had a BMW not so long ago with merino leather seats, and there was some minor leather cracking. The technician just quickly had a look and said "yeah i'll be happy to get that changed under warranty" and that was a grand total of 30 seconds for something that wasn't very obviously apparent.

It is a fault and my car originally came from Doncaster Jct600 but was transferred to Sheffield Jct600 and they replaced with leather. It's is a fault with the glue.

However, the the company they used to replace my seats with leather are not very good and they use cheap imported pre made seat covers and the quality is not up to par. I would insist on original MB seat covers?

Ive just swapped my w204 for a w205 65 plate because I couldn't get on with the seats and Jct were very accommodating.

You will have to be persistent and be prepared to complain right up to the directors as I did.

Out of interest what year is yours? I'm actually from Doncaster and took it to JCT600 and they said MB wouldn't replace the seats. I'm driving 63 plate

63 plate however I noticed the issue at point of sale and was a condition they sort it. I found my car at the Doncaster branch and Sheffield brought it over to them for me to test drive.

I no longer have this car and recently purchased a w205 amg premium plus and have had issues with wheel vibration, to which Jct fixed and put me a set of brand new spanking wheels and contis, can't fault them to be honest...

I have had this white marks issue for a couple of months but had addressed it with babywipes, it went away for quite some time, however this week it has come back with a vengeance and looks terrible, I just found the post here after desperately looking for some way of treating it. Car is 09/13 plate Sport plus W204 and I have had it since June from MB Edinburgh, bought the car on spec via the internet, a very bad move and has cost me dear, a bad repair paint job and a few other issues which the dealer declined to resolve sadly has left me very disappointed with the car so far, then some muppet drove into it the other day too :( , now this, I think maybe it is out of warranty now but I do have the MB extended warranty so maybe it will cover this problem, what do you chaps think?

Has anyone found a longer-lasting way of getting rid of the white staining?

I've got it just starting on my front-passenger seat. I was thinking of trying Sonax Artico cleaner.

I wonder if any hopeful doggers read this thread but left disappointed. :D

Nope Wont Cover it I am afraid, I have the Top Tier 1 MB extended Warranty and it only covers Electrical and Engine problems - Already tried it!!

It basically comes down to GOOD WILL GESTURE from MB if your outside the 3 Years manufacturing warranty, and as stated you got to present the car to them for inspection, photos and let them think they can solve it but letting their valet guys sort it, may get a few complementary scratches along the way - basically every method without having to pay out for new covers.

I cut my loses and went private, and have changed from all Black leather/Alcantara to all Red Leather.

Probably wouldn't be happy with the new job MB do even if after our game of tug and war I came out a winner.

Good Luck to those who are willing to hold it out!

Has anyone managed to get the seats replaced outside of the 3years warranty?

I'm pleased to say I've just had a call from my local MB dealer to say the goodwill claim submitted to get my passenger side/front seat pad cover has been approved with zero customer contribution required. Car is 4years old, full MB history and 47K. Another dealer wasn't interested, so 2nd time around I presented a copy of the TSB which covers the issue.

I have c class 2013 coupe with same problem MB said need to take to garage for inspection £178.89 per hour charge then if problem would report to head office who might do something with goodwill .
Wtf any suggestion would be helpful

I'm pleased to say I've just had a call from my local MB dealer to say the goodwill claim submitted to get my passenger side/front seat pad cover has been approved with zero customer contribution required. Car is 4years old, full MB history and 47K. Another dealer wasn't interested, so 2nd time around I presented a copy of the TSB which covers the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom