Dings in Drivers Door - Chipsaway Glasgow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bry865

Car
W204 C220 AMG Sport Coupe
Just thought I'd share my repair experience. I purchased an approved used White C220 CDI AMG Sport Coupe, really enjoyed the first few days of owning the car but after only a week of ownership it had become the victim of car park dings on the drivers door. They looked quite deep and at the time really annoyed me. :mad:

I looked up the web to find a repair agent locally and discovered that Chipsaway Glasgow could carry out a "Smart Repair". Finally got round to having this work done, suppose I was anticipating further car park assaults hence why I had put it off for a bit, the repair is outstanding really impressed, the door is flawless. I wish I had got the repair done sooner as the car once again looks great.:D

I've used ChipsAway on a BMW that had picked up some scrapes and dents in the car park wars. The result was amazing. I was very pleased and would recommend them.

How they smart repair door dings / ripples?

Do they push the metal out from the inside?

I had left the car with them, dropped off for 9am collect 2pm, don't know what method they used to repair the ones on my car. When I was looking on the net for info Smart repairs, sometime referred to as paintless repair, uses various methods, heating the panel, using rods and such to ply the metal and also a glue gun gizmo with sucker like pads. YouTube has loads of videos.

Probably removed the dents via paintless dent repair method. In regards to scrapes, painting or polishing must be involved.

Watched a paint-less dent repair on a previous car and was fascinated.
He setup 3 halogen lights around the passenger door - left, right and one kind of in the centre.

He then began to use all I can describe as a hammer and chisel and began to systematically hit around the dent.
Finally it was a rod of some sort pushed down the inside of the door, and pushed the dent out.

He continually stopped and looked around/along the panel to check.

When done, you could not tell a dent had even been there.

By 'dings' do you mean dents, or small chips/scratches?

I have the same car and colour, have a small minute chip on my rear offside passenger door which bugs me each time I see it, it would need spraying I'd imagine. Is this something they can do?

How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking, PM if it's better

2 dents in the drivers door, they could be best described as small sharp dents.

It did bug me every time I walked up to the car as they were very noticeable. Cost me £120 inc VAT worth every penny. No filler, no painting just a flawless repair

How they smart repair door dings / ripples?

Do they push the metal out from the inside?

Yep, the normally use a bunch of levers/rods to pop out the dent, if the ding is not accessible from inside then they glue rods to the outside panel and gently pull it outwards.

I have an independent chap that I use, he's amazing, cheap and comes to you!!! Glasgow based again. PM me if anyone wants his number.

Its amazing what can be done now with PDR, obviously dependent on the skills, technique and experience of the repair guy...I have seen quite large dents on swage lines which I would have deemed impossible without paint shop repair removed:eek:

Would that be Willie Nicol?

That's a blast from the past, where Willie from?!?

No it's s chap called Paul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom