Dipped Beam Very Low

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

whitenemesis

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
Lexus RX450h F-Sport with Takumi Pack 2020
My headlamps are looking at the ground 5feet in front of the car.

Xenons did their usual dance at switch on then dropped to their lowest position
confused.gif

I'm guessing it a senor gone OOS and giving an impossible value forcing the lights to go failsafe i.e. not to blind anyone!

Any suggestions of what else it might be?

I find the same with my W220.
Would also be interested to know if there's a sensor that could be at fault.

I'm sure I read on here some time ago that someone with the same issue found that a sensor on an axle had moved out of position and thus caused the lights to drop down to minimum position (i.e. as if car boot was fully laden).

But I don't know where or how to access the sensor.

Anyone any ideas?

Offside front wheel look through the spokes at the sensor arm as it bolts to the arb with a little u clamp cost just over £1 from mb.

Lynall

Thanks.
Is it on near side for all cars or is the location model specific?

I'll try and have a look this weekend.

It was the sensor, dealer had 'forgotten' to re-attach it after replacing steering gaiter....

Thanks.
Is it on near side for all cars or is the location model specific?

I'll try and have a look this weekend.

I think you'll find he said OFFSIDE :wallbash:

Just kidding, & trying to save you some time:thumb:

and yes, it's on the off-side :)

That's solved a little mystery for me.

When I spotted this bracket/sensor recently on my S211 I thought it must be something to do with the self-levelling suspension, but I was curious as to why the front of the car would need to self-level.

:rolleyes:

That's solved a little mystery for me.

When I spotted this bracket/sensor recently on my S211 I thought it must be something to do with the self-levelling suspension, but I was curious as to why the front of the car would need to self-level.

:rolleyes:

I don't think u need to self level the rear

I think you'll find he said OFFSIDE :wallbash:

Just kidding, & trying to save you some time:thumb:

Opps sorry, yes I meant offside.

Thanks for confirming.

Will have a look when get a chance.

There are sensors on the front and the rear anti-roll bars to gauge the car's attitude and adjust the xenons to keep the beam cutoff in the correct position

Just had a quick look.
Can't find the sensor though.
Was looking for some kind of bracket on the off side that wasn't on the near side but couldn't see anything that differed.

Don't suppose anyone's got a pic that might shed some light for me?

It appears your S430 doesn't have xenon specific sensors but uses existing sensors for the suspension, a control module under the passenger footwell controls the lights

It appears your S430 doesn't have xenon specific sensors but uses existing sensors for the suspension, a control module under the passenger footwell controls the lights

Just been looking on WIS and that's exactly what I've found.
No mention of specific sensors for the xenons. Only a control module under passenger foot well.

However, accrording to EPC there is a sonsor for "Regulation Of Dynamic Headlamp Range Control, Front"

But as you say, this is probably part of the suspension system and the vehicle ride height sensors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom