Dipping into the dark world of detailing.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
W210 E280 x2, w211 E55, W212 E63 biturbo, S204 C180K
So I've been admiring all these beautifully turned out cars and thinking ....I should have a go at that.
The usual wash and chamois dry followed by a polish was enough before, but the surface of my car felt rough to the touch and so I thought it time to invest in some of these detailing products.
As Halfords have a 3 for 2 sale on cleaning products at the moment, I got myself some Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo, a Farecla G3 Body Prep clay mitt,and a Meguiars Gold Class Premium Quik Detailer.

Washed the car using the two bucket method and a wash mitt, then using the mitt and Quik detailer went over the car thoroughly and could then feel the paintwork smooth as silk. Another soapy wash down followed by a hose off with clean water.
Dried off the paitwork with a microfibre towel and gave it a coat of AutoGlym Super Resin Polish and followed that with a coat of Farecla G3 Resin Superwax.
The wheels, interior and under bonnet will have to wait until tomorrow, but I'm happy with the outcome so far. Brilliant Silver paintwork is never going o look as dramatic and good as a dark colour, but mine looks good to me.
A few photos of the results so far.

20140412_111906_zps658b5751.jpg
20140412_112011_zpsfec27607.jpg
20140412_111857_zpsad54a715.jpg

Looking good, it's pretty satisfying isn't it to see your hard work paying off.

Well worth doing knowing the paintwork is properly clean and being protected.

Not looking forward to the dusty engine bay though.

Very nice, last pic shows of the shimmer you get with silver well. You could also try Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection, a couple of coats of that on top of the Super Resin Polish works great on silver - I found sealants work better than waxes on silver.

Engine bay's are never that bad to clean, just give it a blast with the hose and spray some cleaner and get busy with some brushes, rinse then dress. :thumb:

detailing

looks good.
you know it makes sense.
nothing better than a super clean merc.:bannana:

Without a doubt for the engine bay it's 303 from Polished Bliss, best tip is to degrease the engine bay & leave to dry. Spray on 303 close the bonnet & walk away the next day open the bonnet & admire the gleam

I never understood this whole deal about using 303 in the engine bay? Autogylm Vinyl Rubber Conditioner is just as good, available at Halfords/B&Q etc for just £7.

I bought some 303 for the interior (for the UV resistance properties and I can't be bothered spraying leather protector everywhere). Once finished inside, I then cleaned the engine with Meg's APC then put 303 on instead of the existing Autoglym VRC, no real difference when cured and buffed to a satin finish.

Not saying 303 isn't a good engine bay dressing as its great however, AG is just as good and readily available. :thumb:

It's so easy to get addictive to detailing the car AMGEED
that you want to get better & better & spend
More & more :D

I know what you mean Ash. I was up at 7 30 this morning putting on another coat of wax. I'm a lost cause now:doh:

Lol I'm looking @ DE-IONISING WATER FILTERS & Blower Dryer that MDC250 put up on the other thread, might hold back tho until the detailing show & get a deal . :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom