Dipstick!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Koolvin

Administrator
Staff member
Car
W168, W169 & S202
Oil Dipstick Wiper

What a fantastic idea.....Now you can check your oil the easy way ! No more oily rags....Simply sticks to a suitable location in the engine bay on any vehicle (With the pad supplied)

The Lightweight Anodised Aluminium Body houses a foam core so all you need to do is pass the dipstick through,this will wipe the oil off, so you can then do a proper oil level check.

The device also incorporates a collar that allows you to close it after use to prevent oil drips etc.The foam core is washable and the Oil Wiper is available in three colours Red,Blue and Silver.

Rodney3.JPG

£3.50

Linky

I'll stick with my rag, thanks.

(I still use paper and a diary though, lol....)

People will buy anything.....

Why do mercedes not fit in some courtesy lights under the bonnet to let you see what youre doing in there at night ?

:crazy:

Originally posted by fuzzer
People will buy anything.....

Why do mercedes not fit in some courtesy lights under the bonnet to let you see what youre doing in there at night ?

:crazy:

how many times do you open your bonnet? its a merc you never need to open it.

Originally posted by Koolvin
how many times do you open your bonnet? its a merc you never need to open it.

Once a fortnight, if not once a week.

Washer fluid top ups and oil level paranoia (when you drive it hard, you think it MUST use some! ).

Fuzzer,

MB reasons - Why put a courtesy light under the bonnet, when you should be bringing the car to us for all your servicing needs :p

I can see in the near future that MB will stick a label on the oil dipstick... "Authorised MB service engineer only" :rolleyes: just like they have to the auto-box dipstick.

S.

washer fluid top up is an excuse for a dirty car :p

Oh I open mine up everytime I wash it to clean the shampoo rinse water away! :bannana:

Brian,

As far as I know only the V6 W202 'C' Classes can check their oil level from the ECU via the dash buttons. I don't think the 4 cyl models have that feature and I'm not sure if all that changed again once the W203 was released.

I do mine about once a week :) A few button presses at the right time with the key in the ignition is the procedure for me.

S.

Steve,

And what button sequence is that???
Any other little shortcuts you know???

Originally posted by Wheelie
Steve,

It's in the manual!

Originally posted by Wheelie
Steve,

Wheelie, as Graham pointed out, it's in the manual but if you don't have access to the hand book then try this little sequence:

'The vehicle must be standing on a level surface when the oil level is checked.

Check oil level about 5 minutes after stopping the engine, which should have reached its regular operating temperature.

Turn the electronic key to position 2 in the ignition lock and wait until the words "display oil level" appear in the multi-function indicator. Within 1 second press button 0 twice.
'

Taken from page 62 from my 'Exterior - Owner's Manual C-Class' which has the following small print on the back:
Bestell-Nr. 6515 0031 02 Teile-Nr. 202 584 19 81 Ausgabe B

*EDIT* the above is copyright Mercedes-Benz... Hmm and I haven't asked express permission to type that little extract above :confused: MOD's feel free to edit this post as you feel is appropriate.

Wheelie, mine doesn't display text but an oil can icon, but it all works as the book describes. :D

The manual also describes how to reset the spanner icons to show that services are due.

Hope that helps.

S.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Brian WH
I can check my oil level from the on board Computer can't you???:confused:

I work with computers all day ... do you think im going to trust one with the level of my engine oil ? :p

I just like to look at the V6 engine .... wow :D

I work with computers all day ... do you think im going to trust one with the level of my engine oil ?

I agree but it's a guide.:(
Not that I have ever topped up between services on E280.:cool:

I work with computers all day ... do you think im going to trust one with the level of my engine oil ? :p

Well my new W211 doesn't have a dipstick,:rock:

The computer tells you if it is low and how much to put in.:confused:

They won't even let me get my hands dirty now.:rock:

:eek: :rock: :eek: :bannana: :rock: :eek:

I never knew that Brian till I read your post last week and sure enough I looked under the bonnet at the weekend and it isn't there. If I hadn't have read your post first I probably would have spent ages trying to find one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom