Dirty Filters....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidbilyk

Car
S211 E320 CDi Sport
Afternoon guys,

After my mods at MSL Jerry asked if I'd done my filters as he couldn't understand why my car made less than the others. So I thought I'd get some ordered! Thanks to Jules and an ECP offer I've now swapped them out and been back on the dyno..... Increase of 15.5 BHP which was surprising! Check out the dirty old ones!!!

Attachments

• image-3586584712.jpg
    image-3586584712.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 45
Cricket they look like they've been in there for too long!

More power is always a good thing.....

Jules

Yeah I was amazed how dirty they were! Feels stronger now!!

Those aren't dirty....
Check out mine AFTER THE MAIN DEALERSHIP HAD PROMISED THEY HAD SERVICED IT !!!

Last photo shows the difference between old and new..
Never again will I go to a main dealer for servicing !!

Attachments

• P1000307.jpg
    P1000307.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 33
  • P1000310.jpg
    P1000310.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Old and New.jpg
    Old and New.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 42
I felt sorry for this thing that I found in my Vito filter. It probably made a fist of it, but there wasn't much chance of not being drawn in. It was quite a big insect.

16thMarch2013010.jpg

16thMarch2013017.jpg

^ Disgusting! Name & shame them.

Mercedes of Macclesfield (Manchester)..
Car was bought used from them..
I asked for a service and an ATF and filter change as a condition of sale..
I got the car home and checked air filters.. You have seen the photos..
I phoned up to complain and the guy met me the next day with a courtesy car. He promised he would sort out the "oversight"..
He brought the car back the next day and I re checked the air filters.. They still had NOT been changed !!

I phoned up and told them I would never visit them again (not convenient anyway as its 65 miles from me)..
I also said I would spread the word on their behalf..
About 2 months ago I went on a meet up with the other forum down South near Yeovil.. I arranged whilst down there to visit an Indy to have my ATF and filter done.. My car is a 7 speed auto and so its not possible to check the cleanliness of the ATF.. One thing I really like about the Indy mechanics is that they are fine with you watching the process..
I said to the indy can you tell if the fluid was done 2,000 miles ago?
He said we certainly should be able to..
Guess what??
It HAD NOT BEEN DONE !!!!!
Anyone ever tells me that the main dealerships are the only place to go for servicing..
NO CHANCE.. Not for me they aren't !!

Last edited:
Mercedes of Macclesfield (Manchester)..
Car was bought used from them..
I asked for a service and an ATF and filter change as a condition of sale..
I got the car home and checked air filters.. You have seen the photos..
I phoned up to complain and the guy met me the next day with a courtesy car. He promised he would sort out the "oversight"..
He brought the car back the next day and I re checked the air filters.. They still had NOT been changed !!

I phoned up and told them I would never visit them again (not convenient anyway as its 65 miles from me)..
I also said I would spread the word on their behalf..
About 2 months ago I went on a meet up with the other forum down South near Yeovil.. I arranged whilst down there to visit an Indy to have my ATF and filter done.. My car is a 7 speed auto and so its not possible to check the cleanliness of the ATF.. One thing I really like about the Indy mechanics is that they are fine with you watching the process..
I said to the indy can you tell if the fluid was done 2,000 miles ago?
He said we certainly should be able to..
Guess what??
It HAD NOT BEEN DONE !!!!!
Anyone ever tells me that the main dealerships are the only place to go for servicing..
NO CHANCE.. Not for me they aren't !!

Thanks for the information. ;)

In my early Mercedes (car) days, I had plenty of 'fun' with MB Macclesfield. :rolleyes:
I spent a lot of money with them and it wasn't until I joined this forum and decided to put aside more time to start doing my own spannering again that I realised they were not the garage for me. ;) :mad:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Mercedes-Benz and their dealerships are laughing at their customers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom