Disable follow me home lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

L_A

Car
E280 cdi SPORT
How do i disable the "follow me home" or "get me home" light option on a mercedes W211 i have been through the functions on the steering wheel however it doesnt seem to be in the menu, how can i disable these lights??

Why would you want to do that?

EDIT: Reading your post again what function is that? I'm not sure I have it on mine. I assume you don't mean the engine fault indicator.

Last edited:
If upgrading to led sidelights these can apparantly flicker as they dim out not sure as i have not fitted the led bulbs yet just getting instructions on how to disable this should they cause any problems when fitted.

Its basically when the sidelights and foglights come on after you turn the ignition off and stay on for about 20 seconds to keep the drive or road lit up so you can get in the house?

On my Dad's W211 this function doesnt effect the LED sidelights, however on W220's it does (from what people have told me).

I did find the option on the W211 someplace, it didnt take me long and I think it was called headlamp delay or somthing - It was a good few months ago now.

Found these functions to be wonderful sources of battery drain, especially if you do short journeys. Turned both of them off!

I guess you were referring to the comment "Why would you want to do that?". Since you quoted my comment, I thought I'd clarify: myself I have turned both off from my car. Perhaps less for the battery drain aspect but that too, mainly I don't find any use of those where I drive (have lights automatically in my garage etc.).

mainly I don't find any use of those where I drive (have lights automatically in my garage etc.).

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it makes sense to switch this facility off if it's not required. I seem to recall I suggested as much on another thread a while back and was told I was talking rubbish. :rolleyes:

Perhaps I should also clarify my own comment. I completely misunderstood what the OP was asking. It took DB to decipher the question. I still use my car's outside coutesy lighting but only because its useful to me. If I lived in town I would turn the function off. I suspect like many on here I hail from an era where the idea of having headlamps switched on without the engine running is abhorrant. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom